Chapter One

Barbie was nervous as she sat in her first class seat on her way to NYC.

Barbie: (Why am I so nervous, I know it has been a while, a really long while.. C'mon girl take a big breath in, breathe in breathe out. It will turn out alright, it will be like old times and lots of catching up to do. I hope they still remember me)

A flight attendant could not stop to notice that she was jittering.

Flight attendant named Bob: Are you all right ma'am? Do you need a drink? Would you like some sparkling water?

Barbie (snapped out from her deep thought, a bit embarrassed): Yes that would be great, thank you, Bob.

Barbie : (that was so embarrassing, I think I should just take a nap, argh this 5.5 hour trip is driving me crazy)

===

Flight attendant: Welcome to the Big Apple metropolis, New York City where the local time is approximately 7:15pm. We will be taxiing for a few more minutes, so please remain in your seat with your seatbelt fastened until the captain has parked us at the gate and turned of the seatbelt sign. Use caution when retrieving your personal belongings from the overhead bins, as contents do shift during flight. On behalf of your crew, we thank you for flying with us today. We hope you have a great day in NYC, or wherever your final destination may be.

Barbie awoken with the notice was feeling drowsy realised at that moment she had to get ready to meet up with her high school besties.

Barbie: (I should text Ken that I have arrived safely)

B: Hey Ken, honeyboo, I have finally arrived, I am so nervous :(

There was an instant notification from Ken

K: Hey Barbie ;) No Don't worry, you will be fine, I promise, have a great time there, MISS ME because I MISS YOU :'(

(Aww Ken, what a sweet fiance, love you too Ken, I miss you MOST, we should have travelled together)

===

Barbie was greeted with a driver holding a paper with her name written on it "Barbara Millicent Roberts".

Driver who apparently was named Dylan: Hello Miss Roberts, welcome to NYC!

Barbie: Hi, Dylan. Thanks.

Dylan (enthusiastically): Please follow me as I drive you to your place of destination. Let me get your belongings too Miss Roberts.

Barbie: Thank you so much. Your enthusiasm is super duper contagious.

Dylan: It is the least that I could do. So where to Miss Roberts?

Barbie: The Plaza, please!

How Barbie wished that she could just climb up to bed that moment after enjoying room service and doze off and visit Chelsea's place the next morning. On their way, Barbie noticed how different NYC is since the time she left. The city became so much crowder. The hustle bustle increased 10 times. The traffic was unbearable. It was quite amazing to be back ... home ?

Upon arrival at The Plaza, Barbie got off the car, Dylan gave Barbie his contact details and offered if she would want to be helped going around the city. Barbie thanked him.

===

Barbie finally checked into her room in the topmost floor, ordered room service for dinner, video messaged Ken, and got ready for bed. She did not bother to wash because she was that tired.