Chapter Two

The alarm went off at 7am, Barbie decided to stroll around NYC. It was a beautiful day out and what would be better to just go around the city to recall some of her mind-mapping skills. She got ready and tried going to her favourite hangout place none other than The Dish for some breakfast.

She distinctly remembered the way and location of The Dish, but when she arrived, it turned out to be another cafe called Emily's Bistro. Barbie googled The Dish, and it said that it was non-existent anymore. It was bought and was changed to Emily's Bistro. Barbie was disappointed but decided to drop in for a quick breakfast. Even her favourite corner where her bunch of friends sat back in the days were renovated to be a place for a huge aquarium. Barbie acknowledged the place was pretty cool and modern. But nothing would beat The Dish.

Barbie: Can I get a blueberry muffin with an iced coffee?

Waiter: Sure thing, coming right up.

After finishing her turned-out-to-be-delicious breakfast, it was already 8:30am and she decided to give Chelsea a visit. "I hope it is not that early for her", Barbie thought to herself.

===

She finally arrived at the apartment Chelsea lived, Barbie even brought some doughnuts because why would not she. So she pressed the buzzer and was answered by Chelsea's parents. Barbie told them that it was her, Chelsea's old friend from high school, she came to visit her.

Barbie: Good morning, Mr and Mrs Auburn. It has been a while. I brought you guys some breakfast doughnuts.

Mrs Auburn: Good to have you back here Barbie (giving her a huge hug)

Barbie returned the hug

Mr Auburn: Hello Barbie, thank you for the doughnuts

Mrs Auburn: Now, now honey, you have to cut down on those sugar levels (snatching the doughnuts from Mr Auburn's strong grip). Are you looking for Chelsea, dear? Chelsea moved already, didn't she tell you?

Barbie : She didn't, it has been a while that we contacted one another though Mrs Auburn. Even her old phone number changed. It was really hard to reach everyone, especially with the busy schedule.

Mrs Auburn: You know what dear, here you go . You should call her. It is so lovely to have you girls be reunited again.

Barbie: Thank you so much Mrs Auburn.

Mrs Auburn: No worries dear.

Telephone rings .. ring ring

Mrs Auburn: Barbie, dear. Please take a seat, come. I will go pick up the phone, I wonder who it will be.

Mrs. Auburn leaves the room while Barbie sat down on the couch beside Mr Auburn. Mr Auburn was busy watching TV.

Barbie: So what are you watching Mr Auburn ?

Mr Auburn: Just this old news on TV. Gosh, that doughnut is calling my name.

Barbie: Please take some.

Mr Auburn: Oh I will take 'em alright. Speaking of doughnuts, there is this doughnut place in downtown New York that I went just a few days ago. And oh boy they just serve the best raspberry jam-filled doughnuts. The dough is soft and the jam has just the right amount of sweetness to it. I should take you there sometimes.

Barbie: Yeah I sure would love to. You do know the best places to eat in New York.

Mr Auburn: Hahaha I sure do. So what brings you to New York?

Barbie: Well I came here to meet the old group back. Just checking what they have been up to. Its been 10 years you know.

Mr Auburn: Yes you are right, it is a good thing to meet up with your old buddies. I remember when I was your age, I think I was a little bit older but anyways I had this reunion thing back with my pals in Nebraska...

Barbie: Yeah...what happened?

(Mrs Auburn came and interrupted their conversation)

Mrs Auburn: So what are you guys talking about?

Mr Auburn: Oh its no big deal, its about the 10-year high school reunion back in Nebraska.

Mrs Auburn: Oh that one, you shouldn't be telling her about that. Pardon Mr Auburn here but he is just a really chatter-box these days.

Barbie: Oohh but I really want to know (Barbie giggles)

Mr Auburn: Let's just say that it was an unforgettable day (Mr Auburn winks at Mrs Auburn's direction).

Mrs Auburn: Ohh that was Chelsea, she was just checking up on us.

Barbie: Do you have any idea what she is doing right now?

Mrs Auburn: She says that she is bringing the children to Central Park. Oh I forgot to mention Chelsea has kids now. She has two girls, Heather and Liberty, ahhh such adorable little girls and is currently pregnant with the third. I also told her about you coming here.

Barbie : Ohh that's great. You guys must be really happy grandparents. 

Mr Auburn (smiles as he was looking at Ms Auburn's direction): We sure do huh, honey. 

(There was a short silence and Barbie looks at her watch)Barbie:  Aww would you look at the time, I think its getting pretty late. I should probably ring Chelsea up and I don't want to be a burden, so I'll see you some other time ?

Mrs Auburn: Aww dear, you dont have to be in a hurry, I didn't even prepare you anything to drink.

Barbie: no worries Mrs. Auburn, I'm alright. 

(Barbie stood up, the Auburns led the way to the door)

Mr Auburn: Thank you Barbie for the donuts. (Mr Auburn is going to take a piece of donut when Mrs Auburn hit his hand for taking the donut).. Come and visit us again.

(Barbie hugs the Auburns before heading outside)

(Barbie opens up her cellphone and calls Chelsea's number.)

Chelsea: Hello..who is this?

Barbie: Hey Chelsea, its me Barbie!!!

Chelsea (in excitement): Oh my GOSSSSHH!! Is this for real??!! BARBIE?!!! 

Barbie: yes its me Chelss, let's hang out.

Chelsea: Oh my Goshh, I can't believe its you..yes yes definetely, we have got so much things to talk about, I am in Central Park at the moment.

Barbie: Great I'll meet you there. By the way I can't wait to meet your kids.

Chelsea: Wait what? Did my mom just told you ?

Barbie (giggles): I just know stuffs. See you then.

Chelsea (groans): Come on.. okay see ya