II

The morning sun softly shined through the closed blinds. Victoria tiredly opened her eyes. Her eyes adjusted to the sunlight. Victoria sat up, rubbing her eyes. Victoria stood up, getting herself changed.
       She stepped out from the bathroom, adjusting herself slightly before heading out to the living room. Victoria spotted Leon sitting on the couch, zoning out. "Leon?" she asked. "Are you alright?"
       "Uhm... yeah," he answered. "I was just scanning your schedule for today. You're off, today?"
       "Yes I am," she nods. "I Fridays off, sometimes."
       Leon nods.

       Silence grew in the room again. It felt awkward. "You wanna go to the park?" She broke the silence.
       "Sure," Leon nodded.
       He stood up and joined her side before leaving the apartment.

       The ride there was silent. Leon looked out the window, watching people walk by with their assistance androids, or their children, or vice versa. The bus came to the stop, opening its doors. Victoria and Leon stood up, thanking the bus driver and got up. The bus began up again and drove off. They started walking through the park. Leon studied the trees and all the plants.
       "It's... pretty," Leon said.
       "Really?" Victoria asked.
       "Yeah," he answered. "But I know us androids don't show human emotions and aren't made for them, but I think seeing all these is lovely."

       Victoria smiled. Her phone buzzed in her pocket. "Hold on," she said. "Hello?"
"Hello, Victoria? This is officer Dean," someone said.
       "What is it?" She asked.
"We got a report of a poison at a café, I just wanna see if you're kinda interested to see for a bit?" Officer dean asked. "Sorry for me to disturb you on your day off."

She sighs: "I might stop by, but, I don't want to get involved."
"Understand, see you then," he says before the call ends.
       "Officer Dean wants us to drop by to see him at a Café," Victoria said, slightly irritated.
Leon nodded.

~

They parked in front of a café. Couple of cop cars parked in front of it. Leon and Victoria got out. Officer Dean looked up and nodded at Victoria; she nodded back to him. She walked up to him as Leon followed behind. "What's the problem, officer?" She asked, rising a brow.
"We've got a suspicion of someone poisoning, or assume poisoning of a customer," Officer Dean explained.
Victoria nodded. "Do you think they check their foods in their freezer if they have anything tempered or have anything expired?" She suggested.
"That's a good suggestion, we'll gonna look into that, thanks," Officer Dean nodded, smiling. He turned around and headed inside.

"Let's get back to our 'day off' before we get pulled into more of this work," She whispered to Leon.
Leon nodded. They both got back to the car and headed back to the apartment. Rain began to pour, tapping the windows of the car. They got into the garage of the apartment, stopping in an open spot on floor 3 and getting out. They headed inside the building and to the last door at the end of the hallway. Victoria hung up her jacket and car keys and looked back at Leon. "You should hang up your coat, if you wanna," Victoria said softly.
"Oh, okay," he said. He pulled off his coat, hanging beside hers.
He smiles at her. Victoria smiles back. She looked in the kitchen for lunch before making a PB&J. She watched as Leon gently sits down on the couch, fiddling with his fingers. Once Victoria finished her lunch, she joined him. "Wanna, watch something?" She suggested.
"Sure," he replied.
Victoria turned the TV on, switching channels before landing on one. Leon laid his head on her shoulder before slowly dozing off. Victoria later dozed off.