III

Victoria woke up. The sun was over the horizon, letting a reddish orange light painting her living room. She gently move Leon's head and onto a pillow before getting up. She stretched her back before searching for something for dinner before finding leftovers from two nights ago.
She ate the rest of the meal cold. Her phone buzzed on the coffee table. Victoria placed the container down onto the counter and snuck over to the coffee table, lifting up her phone gently. A message sent from one of the female officers, Lucy Diamond. Look at this article the message said. Victoria clicked on the link.
"Small rebel androids are at large" the title says. She began reading, worry showed on her face. Victoria looks back at Leon. "Would he become like them?" she thought, before shaking her head. "Hope not, his programming is different than other androids at work."

She clicks off the link, placing her phone back down. Victoria went to her bedroom to shower. After showering, she came back into the living room drying her hair. Leon was awake now, processing something. "Leon?" She said.
   He looks up at her. "Sorry," he apologized, standing up.
       "I was gonna ask if you wanna come with me to the coffee shop near my house," she said.
       "Sure," he answered. Leon stood up, following her out to the car.

~

       They got back from the coffee shop. Victoria sipped her coffee as they entered her apartment. Her phone buzzed. Victoria gasped and answered. They wanted her and Leon to go to a domestic violence report. She looks back at Leon and sighed. "They wanted us to come to a domestic violence report at a home," she says.
       Leon nodded.
       They left the apartment once again.

       They arrived at the reported location. Police officers stood around, their vehicles flashing red and blue. Victoria stepped out of her vehicle and headed up to the stairs. An officer came out, shaking his head. Victoria was concerned. "You might now like this," he says in a cold tone.
       She watched as the officer walked down the steps, passing Leon. Victoria entered the house, she saw a woman sobbing as a female cop consoled the woman. Victoria looked around the living room and spotted a lifeless android girl, beaten on her side from a blunt object.
       Victoria became horrified, frozen in place. Officer Lucy Diamond came up to her. "Victoria?" She asked. "You alright?"
       "Y-yes," Victoria answered, shaking her head. "I just need some air." Victoria quickly walked passed Lucy.

       Victoria stood away from the other officers, leaning against her car. Leon came up to her. "Hey, you alright?" he asked. "You looked troubled back there."
       "Let's go back to my place," she spoke softly. "Tell them I can't finish this."
      "But..." he began.
       "Do it," Victoria interrupted. "Please..."
       He nodded, turned to away from her, and towards the cops.
Leon came back. They both got into Victoria's car and headed back to her apartment.

Victoria walked inside her apartment, she didn't speak the whole way there. Leon came in behind, closing and locking the door. His gaze turned to Victoria who began pacing around. "Victoria, you alright?" He asked, stepping up to her. "You should at least sit down."
He lists his hand, towards Victoria. She accidentally smacked his hand away. Leon pulled his hand back, concerned. "I-I'm sorry... I-I," she paused, sighing.
Leon cautiously moved closer. "You... what?" He asked in a comforting tone.
       Victoria shook her head. "It's nothing, just forget about it," she told him, standing up. "I'll be in my room."

~

       Leon softly knocked on Victoria's bedroom door. No response. He gently turned the handle, pushing the door open. The dim light from the sun peering through the gloomy clouds illuminated Victoria's resting body. Leon walks over to her bedside. He kneeled down. "Victoria, are you awake?" Leon asked, gently placing a hand on her shoulder.
       Her face appeared from the pillow she was hugging. "Yes," she whispered.
       "Are you feeling better, at least?" He asked.
       "Yes," she answered again.
       "I warmed up some food you had in the fridge," Leon says. "I didn't know if you were in the mood for it."

       Victoria sat up. Her eyes were slightly puffy. She gently stood up. "Thank you," Victoria replied softly, smiling.
       Leon nodded. He followed her out from the bedroom.