begin again

Joe is 6th months gone and The Eras Tour is about 5 months in. I am really enjoying my self, but I cannot lie touring is a lot of work. Surprise songs are especially the toughest part, but I try to hide the pain when singing the songs that i made for Joe, the ones I would play for him at night, then afterwards he would snuggle into my neck and tell me how much he loves me, but not anymore.

"Holy shit that was awesome", I shout excitedly to the dances as we walk off stage after 'Karma'. Tonight I had special guests come on stage, Presley, Joey, and Taylor Lautner to premiere my music video for I Can See You. The crowd went wild once they saw Taylor's face as I knew they would, I mean he is my ex in all.

"Got something for you", Taylor walks over to me and I tilt my head to the side in confusion. "Well when I was back at the tent with my wife some guy walks up to me and hands me this. He's a football player for the Chiefs; really good player actually and it looks like he has a little crush", he makes silly cooing noises that make me laugh and I take the bracelet from his hand.

"This is so cheesy", I giggle. It is a friendship bracelet with his phone number on it. "He's a nice dude", Taylor says. I laugh. "So he asked my ex boyfriend to hook us up?" He shrugs his shoulder with a grin. "Guess so."

No way in hell was I calling that number. For all I know he could be some weird creep. "Taylor, sweetheart, you ready", my mom asks from the golf-cart. I wave my goodbyes and run over and get in.

***

"A friendship bracelet?"

"Yes a friendship bracelet with his phone number on it."

"That is so cheesy."

"Exactly what I said", I laugh.

"Well call it, dumbass."

"Selena, I am not going to call some random guy's number, I have no idea who he is."

"Yes you are I am going to hang up and you are going to call the damn number. I mean what's the worst that could go wrong?"

"Um some stalker will have my phone number and could leak it?"

"Taylor. You're being overdramatic. Just. call. him. I'm not kidding! Bye!"

Before I could reply she hangs up and I sigh and lay back on my bed. "Oh what the hell."

I type in the number and hesitate before clicking call and before I know it, it's ringing. Holy shit. Why am I so nervous?? "Hello? This is Travis." His voice is deep and low but sounds genuinely sweet and kind of hot in a way.

"Um yeah uh h-hi this is Taylor well Taylor Swift, hi this is Taylor Swift you um gave me a bracelet so I thought 'oh what the hell' and you know clicked call and now here I am", I laugh awkwardly. What the actual fuck was that? I sounded fucking stupid!

"Shit. Fuck. Um yeah. Shit."

"Umm are you okay?"

"Yeah just... wasn't expecting you to actually call that's all. Hi I'm sorry um how are you?"

Thank the Lord I am not the only nervous one here. "I am great, just got back to my hotel after the concert."

"Yeah oh my god I was there it was absolutely amazing, you put on an incredible show, really."

"Haha thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed."

"So... why did you want me to call you?"

He pauses for a moment; to think, I assume.

"Well um I think you're a... really amazing person, your fucking gorgeous, and I just wanted to get to know you I guess."

I giggle. "That's so sweet..."