Chapter 5: Mission Time

"Early December, 2010, St, Freya"

In the early morning, Victor would be fast asleep, but a pesky flaming ball of gas would shine its light through his slightly frosted window. He would then awaken from his slumber.
"God Damnit, I need curtains for the room." he tiredly bemoaned. as the boy started to get up from bed. He would hear Wendy say from behind his door that Theresa had something important to tell the two of them.

Victor would be a bit confused by what's told to him. he would shrug and then set about his morning routine, which is to brush his teeth and splash a bit of water on his face. His blue eyes stared into the mirror, the reflection staring back. "New day, New choices Lu did say that a lot." He'd exhale tiredly. He would then begin to walk out of the bathroom. "still a bit...tired." yawned Victor as he exited the bathroom. "Alright, then time to go see. what the fuss is about." Victor says to himself. He then walks through the dorm to find the other people there.

Victor then enters the living room to see the other two people. He was living with one reading manga and the other watching TV. Theresa then sees him and asks. "Morning Vic, how was your night?" he replies "Ehhh, it was alright, just need curtains for the room." Theresa then pokes Wendy's shoulder to get her attention and says to Victor. "That I can get, so don't worry."

Theresa's about to speak would cause Wendy to turn to her principal as she then began asking Theresa questions. "Hey, principal why are you still here? normally, you would be in your office during this time?" Theresa would look a bit irritated but still answered. "I was just about to get to that!" then Theresa calmed herself. She would then begin to explain why she was still here. "Well, I got the two of you. a mission."

Wendy looks towards Theresa with a bit of suspicion. "What type of mission?" Then Theresa feeling a bit silly, answers. "Don't worry. you'll know when you get there." Wendy exhales and says. "If this is community service, I will do...something, I guess."

Victor then asks his question. "You wouldn't send just the two of us? Would you, Teri?"

"Oh Yeah, she wouldn't, so you're coming with us. Aren't you principal?"

Theresa would have a smallish glint in her eye as she spoke. "Well, I usually don't have time to go on missions, seeing as I don't have anything to do right now or until the next day. So yes, I'll come along." The duo would look at her with dead-panned stares, Wendy would say. "That's the most lame excuse. I've ever heard." "Agreed." she would look away from the two of them with a tinge of annoyance, ignited in her voice. "Oh, come on, I thought that one was good." All the short nun would get was two very neutral faces looking at her.

————————————

Aboard The Helios was the trio as Theresa was finally explaining the mission. "Okay, you two this one, I think is pretty simple for you. What the mission entails is that a few days ago, we detected decently high amounts of honkai in this abandoned area of Japan. So we need the two of you to scout out the area, find where the high concentration of honkai is located, and then report back to the Helios. Any Questions?" Wendy raises her hand. "Yes, Wendy."

"So why are we on the Helios and not the Hyperion?"

"The Hyperion is having upgrades to its main cannons and being repaired as well from any damage it's gained, so it's unusable for the time being." Wendy then shrugs at the information told to her.

Theresa then looks at the youngest person aboard the Helios with slight concern written on her face. "Vic, you gonna be good down there?" 

"I'm going to be fine, Teri. Besides, This ain't gonna be my first time getting mauled by things." Victor uttered straightforwardly to both of them. Theresa looked at the boy with even more concern as Wendy asked with both curiosity and concern laced in her words.