Chapter 1- A Death

"Guys I just wanna say something quick before I lose connection again," a young man with dark hair and brown eyes panted as he looked at the phone he was holding in front of his face. 

It was dark all around him, his face only lit by the light shining from his helmet's torch. He looked skittish, his eyes roaming desperately all around him. But all anyone could see around him were tall, entangled trees. 

His eyes were bloodshot, and they fleeted from one side to the next like a frightened deer. His dark hair and face were caked with mud.

Wisps of his dirty hair were falling on his eyes. He was panting and swallowing hard. The man must have been between 25 to 28 years old. Fear was written on his face.

The streamer looked afraid for his life. His Instagram Live was filled with worried comments inquiring about his health and location. 

But all of these concerns were overshadowed by multiple more comments that were laughing and scorning him for making up stories to get more engagement on his platform.

But the boy looked scared for his life. Tears filled his eyes, his voice shook, and he kept continuously looking around him as if anticipating a monster to take him out. 

"Things are not right here. I was planning on making a long video, but there's no time. I don't think they will let me live because of what I know." His voice shook on the last sentence.

His voice was hoarse and heavy from the crying. The sputtering internet connection was making it harder for his viewers to understand what he was trying to say. 

"I think people in this place are covering up murders and hiding something. I think there's ..." Then he looked at the camera and widened his eyes as if he had spotted something in the distance. The last thing he did was fall to his knees.

The feed cut off, and the Live went off. This was about 10 months ago. Adhunik Daily journalist Laia Kar had looked at the recording of that live for what seemed like the hundredth time now. All she had been able to figure out was a vague red light visible on the dead man's helmet.