8. GRANDFATHER PARADOX

CHAPTER EIGHT: GRANDFATHER PARADOX

"Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor"

---

Flashback start...

Elena was folding a blanket while Five was playing with Evangeline.

"Honey look" Five said which 'cause Elena to turn and her eyes widened when she saw Evangeline on her feet. Five was behind Eva as he was holding her tiny hands while she was walking by herself.

"Oh my God" Elena said as she drop the blanket "Our little girl is walking" Five said as he support Eva while she by herself used her feet to walk forward.

Five looked down at his little daugther before he slowly let go of her hands and Eva didn't fall instead she were standing up, all by herself.

Five then walked over to his wife before they both crouched down "Come here, Sweetheart" Elena said "Come on Pumpkin, you can do it"  Five said.

"Come here" they said and Eva started taking another step towards her parents "Her first steps" Elena said with a big smile on her face.

"Come here, you can do it" Five said as Eva starting taking more steps towards her parents.

The couple opened up their arms as Eva walked closer to them "You can do it Eva" Five said with a proud smile on his face.

When Eva was closed enough she felled into her parents' arms "Sweetheart, that was your first steps" Elena said as she lifted Eva up his arms "Five, our daugther took her first steps" Elena said with tears of joy in her eyes "Well done" Five said as he was holding one of Eva's fingers wiggling it up and down "That's my girl" he said as he kissed Eva on the cheek "Who is already getting big" Elena said as she kissed Eva on the forehead.

"I think we should make another one" Five said and Elena looked at her husband "Do you really mean that?" she asked "Of course. We can't have little Eva grow up without a sibling, someone to play with. Keeping her occupied while we work on finding a way out of here" Five said and Elena looked at Eva.

"What do you say Sweetheart, you want a little brother or sister?" she asked and Eva said a baby sound before putting her hands on her parents' cheek.

"I will take that as a yes" the couple chuckled "The captain have spoken" Elena said before she looked at her husband "Thank you for giving all of this. A family" she said "I'm saying thank you too. Thank you for giving me a family" he said "I know this is an apocalypse, but most of the time when we are together, it don't feel like it. You are making even the apocalypse to seem not so bad" she said "And so are you" he said and the two kissed Eva on the cheek before they shared a kiss.