30. FIGHTING THE GUARDIAN

CHAPTER: THIRTY: FIGHTING THE GUARDIAN

"Go where you celebrated, not tolerated, if they can't see your true value ad worth, then it's time for a new start"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

---

The elevator stopped on the 6th floor before the door opened and Diego and Lila stepped out.

Diego was holding the harpoon gun as he was on the lookout for the guardian.

Diego looked at Lila as she walking next to him. "Hey. We're gonna make it out of this mess, all right? The three of us are gonna be fine" he said "And then what?" Lila asked "And then we'll be a happy family" he said "No, we won't" she said "Is this more of that bullshit proving-yourself-to-be-a-good-dad stuff? I'm over it, all right" he said and grabbed her arm as they stopped "You passed, okay" she said.

"Oh, this isn't about me, huh? Oh, you're scared" he said and she chuckled "It was easier with Stan, okay? You could have just said 'sod off' and then I wouldn't have had to tell you about the baby or asked you to stay with me. Why tell the truth when you can mindfuck someone into getting what you want without having to be truly vulnerable?" she asked and he place his hand on the back of her head.

"Do you know how crazy that is?" he asked "But what if I fail our baby like...my mum failed me?" she asked "Then you won't. Because behind the crazy bullshit, there's a good and decent person" he said "You sure?" she asked "One thousand percent" he said causing her to let out a small laugh and Diego smiled before the two kissed.

While they were kissing, Diego pulled the trigger and the harpoon in the rifle shot up into the ceiling.

They pulled away and Diego put down the rifle before he grabbed her hand "Come on" he said before the two walked down the hallways.

But as they turned around the corner they were transferred to another floor causing them to stop when they saw the elevator "Did we end up back at the same elevator?" he asked as they looked confused at the elevator.

---

Sloane and Ben was on the on the 5th floor.

Sloane was taking a panting off the wall, searching for the sigil while Ben was standing leaning against the wall.

"Oh, don't forget to check under the plants" he said "Get off your ass and start inspecting the walls for hiding compartments" Sloane said "Hey, uh" Ben said and knocked on the wall "Here's a wall, and uh...Oh, here's another wall" he said as he tap on the walls he walked past.

"What the hell is wrong with you? People are dying left and right, and you're acting like a sulky teenager" she said as she opened a door to a room to check for the sigil.

"You sound just like Dad" he said and she snapped her head at him as she closed the door "Why is it so important for Dad to like you? He doesn't define you or us. We made our own mark in this world without him" she said "As the Sparrow Academy, but they're gone now" he said "He was never a Sparrow. He was our dad, and a shitty one at them. You don't need him" she said "Easy for you to say when you're already got a new family" he said "And the best part of that family just died" she said as she was trying to hold back her tears.