4} 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

6 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

A green haired freckled boy leaps off a roof, with two heroes on his tail. He lands in an alleyway, rolling to his side and getting back on his feet. He readies himself for the trick he's about to pull. The two heroes land on the ground, standing in front of the boy. Both are slightly out of breath.

"Give it up, kid," Rock Lock demands, still out of breath from the previous chase.

"Come on, Emerald. Let's just get this over with," Kamui Woods breathes out.

Izuku has become quite fond of Kamui and Rock Lock. They both make great heroes. They'd make even greater heroes if they would leave Izuku alone. But of course, that never happens. Izuku leans against the brick wall behind him, and he raises both hands in surrender. The two heroes grin a little, actually believing that they caught Emerald this time. Izuku does a little jazz hands. Kamui sends his wooden arm at Izuku, Izuku throws a grenade. Fun fact about these grenades is that they have glitter glue in them. The non-toxic kind, so nothing too illegal. But it still scares the everloving hell out of the two.

The glitter glue goes off as soon as it makes contact with Rock Lock's chest, and Emerald jumps up and onto the ledge above. In a split second, the two heroes are in chaos. Pink chromatic glitter glue covers every inch of the alley, including the heroes.

Izuku keeps himself hidden on the edge of the rooftop and watches the chaos unfold beneath him. His smirk is hidden behind the mask. He huffs a breath then starts to head to his self proclaimed home.

Pissed is an understatement. If there is a stronger word than livid, then that word would describe Takagi right now. That damn kid got away again. Plus, Takagi is stuck in the hospice wing of the police station. The glue that hasn't come off yet feels flakey and dry on his skin. Kamui sits on the bed across from him, the glue sticking to his wooden body. Detective Tsukauchi walks through the door with a shit-eatting grin, clipboard and pen in both hands.

"I told you so," the detective said calmly.

Takagi rolls his eyes and sighs tiredly. Kamui sits on the end of his bed, picking off dry glue. Takagi can tell that he's almost more aggravated than himself. With Kamui being a daylight hero, it's to be expected that a night time patrol wouldn't go as planned. Sure, neither exactly predicted that they would get bombed with glitter glue. Tsukauchi glances back and forth from one to the other. He sighs, then starts scribbling something on his clipboard.

"Welp. Looks like another night of unsuccessfully trying to capture a vigilante," Tsukauchi muttered out aggravatedly.

The two pro heroes glare at the detective.

"You never told us that the kid was a smartass!" Kamui growled out angrily.

The three men bicker back and forth, one blaming the other or one blaming each other. Footsteps echo through the hallway outside of the hospital room's door. Eraserhead's boots make quite the noise on waxed tile floors. Eraser opens the door to their room. He stands in the doorway, glaring at Tsukauchi. He crosses his arms in front of his chest.

Tsukauchi smiles sheepishly at the raven haired man, rubbing the back of his neck out of embarrassment. The two pro heroes' bickering quiets, and they stare at Eraserhead with slightly nervous eyes.

"Thanks for-" Tsukauchi starts.

"What do you want," Eraser interrupts, his voice stern.

Always to the point, Tsukauchi thinks sourly.