➣ 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍

•───── ☽⋅ ─────•

July 1984

Carolina had turned her incredible promise into a thrilling reality, and just under a month after sharing her plan, the adventure was set in motion. A portkey whisked them away to a place drenched in an otherworldly aura. As the peculiar sensations of the portkey faded, they found themselves in a charming marketplace nestled at the base of an impossibly high hill.

John's eyes were immediately drawn to the sky, which was veiled in a delicate mist, casting an enchanting ambiance. The mist thickened and extended its embrace from the hill's midsection upward, hiding its upper slopes. Before them stood none other than Mount Greylock in Western Massachusetts, a place of magical renown, with Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry perched at its summit. John couldn't help but wonder how their short legs would make it to the top.

Their contemplation was suddenly interrupted by a carriage descending by their side, not pulled by regular horses, but by colossal, winged Abraxans. The carriage was steered by a member of the Reserve's staff.

Among the fantastic creatures hitched to the carriage, a Fire Crab stood, its shell ablaze with an intricate pattern of flames. Its stunning appearance was rivalled only by the majestic Graphorn, whose armor-like hide exuded an air of indomitable strength. Alongside them, was a Thestral, all the magical creatures bound by enchantments to ensure safety.

As the carriage came to a gentle stop, another spectacular arrival unfolded – a flying car gracefully descended from the skies. A vibrant blue Ford Mustang, pulsating with a modernized magical aura, touched down. From within, a woman of striking presence emerged. Her tall figure conveyed an air of authority and experience, etched by the years she had lived. Her ebony skin exuded a flawless, porcelain quality.

Time had granted her wisdom, shining in the depths of her eyes. Her onyx hair flowed elegantly down her back, untouched by the silver strands that often come with age. A ribbon of sophistication held her hair in place, a subtle adornment blending practicality and grace.

Dressed in intricate robes, a fusion of deep blue fabric adorned with shimmering silver motifs, she exuded an air of regality and the respect she commanded. When her gaze fell upon Carolina, her face lit up with a warm and genuine smile. "Mrs. Cardona-Lupin," she exclaimed, her voice filled with fond recognition. The woman advanced gracefully, her arms extended in a welcoming embrace that beckoned Carolina.

Returning the embrace with grace, Carolina responded, "Professor Thornwood, it's always a pleasure to see you."

As the embrace concluded, Professor Thornwood turned her attention to the two young companions by Carolina's side. "And who might these young gentlemen be?" she inquired.

Carolina introduced the boys with pride and warmth. "Boys, meet Professor Thornwood, the Headmistress of Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." The boys greeted the Headmistress with a mix of awe and excitement. "Professor, this is John, my son, and Caelum, my nephew."

With introductions complete, Professor Thornwood directed them toward her waiting car. "Alright, let's not waste any time."

The car's engine purred to life, and as it gracefully ascended the hill, the vehicle was followed closely by the magical creature-laden carriage. As they approached the hill's crest, the mist enveloped them, shrouding their path in an ethereal haze.

In one fluid motion, Isadora Thornwood extended her arm, her wand appearing as an extension of her very body. With a deft, graceful swing, her wand traced an elegant arc through the air, leaving behind a faint shimmer of magic. The car glided through the misty veil, a transition that felt like passing through a curtain of dreams.