Prologue

Sometimes the only way to survive is to lie.

.....................................................................

'Do I regret anything? No. Not at all. The real question is how did I get away with it? How? How could I possibly break the matrix... this wasn't supposed to happen, but fate played it's little game and now I'm here....' I stared out into the window, the rain pattering down like knives, each knife stabbing deeper and deeper, I was in the car, it was dark and depressing outside, Julia Dream by Pink Floyd was playing on the radio, I turned my gaze for a moment onto the volume button as I set it to full blast, I then continued to look out the window, replaying my mistakes over and over and over and over and over and over. The lights from the traffic lights and gas stations shined bright, my window was cold to the touch and as I layed my head against it, I felt complete. Like a part of me was just stuck in that window and I took it back.... I need to take it back...Nobody understands no matter how hard they try, they say I'm a lost cause, that I should be cast away and sent to a psych ward, they say I'm insane... that's not true... I promise... I have tried so hard to be normal and yet I seem to fail every time. It's kinda sad. But I don't really care, they can chain me up in a padded room all they want, they can put me in the most secure place they have just to keep me out of societies reach, and yet I will always come back, I will traumatize your children and watch their eyes roll back in fear as I kill each and every one of you. A weak man can't slay a monster, and all of you are pathetic and weak... you don't stand a chance against me! You will pay! You will never escape.