Hermione

Creeping through the halls, Hermione leans on her heels as she peeks around the corner.
With Snape's potion stores seemingly empty, Hermione slips into the room, careful not to disturb anything left there.

"What are you doing?" Draco's cold voice comes from behind her.
Jumping, Hermione spins around, her hand immediately reaching for her wand.

"Relax yourself Granger," he drawls, leaning against the wall.
Hermione looks him over quickly, his black suit sitting meticulously against his body, clinging to his muscles perfectly. His hair smoothly slicked back, his grey eyes fixated on her. The only part of his attire that wasn't perfect was his tie, hanging just a centimetre lower than where it normally sits.

"I am relaxed," she snaps immediately, her fingers still wrapped tightly around her wand.
"You are prepared for attack,"
"Would I be so wrong to assume that?" she demands.
"Probably not," he muses lightly, pushing off the wall and allowing the door to swing shut behind him.

She hears the lock click and tightens her grip.

"Granger," he begins.
"No," she snarls, her lip curling upward as she steps back.

"You wanted to know about my family," he raises an eyebrow.

She halts her movements, stopping just long enough for him to wandlessly take her want from out of her grip, the piece of wood flying easily into his hand.

She gasps quietly, narrowing her eyes.
"Give me my wand Malfoy,"
He breathes out quickly, the frustration evident on his face. His mask breaking now that they were alone.

"If I tell you, Granger. You have to promise to stay away from me,"

"You make that easy, you ignore me completely," she scoffs.

"No Granger, if I come to you. Because I will come to you. I need you to push me away. Force me away. I don't care if you have to hurt me, I don't care if you chain me up but lord Granger, you cannot let me be near you."

"Draco-"
He tuts immediately, "Try again," he admonishes.

She sighs, "Malfoy, tell me about your family,"

He smirks, "Good girl,"
Despite the blush forming on her pale skin, she narrows her eyes, choosing to make the question more specific.
"Why won't you leave your family,"
"They are all I have," he answers immediately.
"What about your friends,"
"They would leave me in an instant,"
"No they wouldn't,"

He only raises an eyebrow in response, and with a sigh of frustration she tries again.
"Do they hurt you?"
"My friends or my family?"
"Your family."
"Physically or emotionally,"
"Both,"

He straightens up, his shoulders tensing as he answers, "Sometimes."

Hermione's eyes widen and she takes a step toward him without thought.
His glare stops her as she goes to get closer again.

"What else," he demands.

"How do they hurt you,"
"You don't want to know that."
"Yes I do!" she insists, ignoring his glare.

There is a moment of silence before she tries again, "If you want to end this just hand over my wand and walk away,"
He shakes his head immediately.

"Crucio," he says after another pause and she feels herself freeze up.
"That is if they want to make it quick, otherwise they use cursed knives, sometimes they chain me up and let me starve. It depends on what I have done wrong,"

His face remains impassive.

"That is abuse,"
He narrows his eyes.

"The world of purebloods work very differently to what you are used of Granger, besides they are the perfect parents every other minute."

"When was the first time they hurt you,"
He hesitates, his eyes flicking left for the breifest moment.

"I was 8, they didn't let me eat for a day. I was hanging out with a group of muggle boys while my father was at work."

"That is child abuse,"

"You try telling the ministry that," he scoffs.
"Most of them have experienced it themself, it is common within the sacred families to keep them as prestige as possible, for appearances to always be perfect."
"Your mother,"

"Can't do anything about it, she doesn't approve of direct torture so she uses other methods to hurt me."
"How?"
"Mental spells, to create horrors in my mind, or to villainise me, make me think I deserve every part of what I get,"

"But you don't,"
"I am aware that my actions have consequences, I knew what I was doing,"

"But,"
"What else," he asks softly, Hermione glances up from her fingers which she had taken to fiddling with. She stares at him, his head tilted back against the wall, his eyes closed

"Why would your friends leave you?"
"Pureblood friendships are for appearances."
"They do care for you,"
"In the same way they care for you?" he raises an eyebrow mockingly, glancing down at her.
"Do not delude yourself Hermione,"

"You could give it a chance," she mumbles.
"I could also give being the perfect child a chance,"
She rolls her eyes immediately, "That would be an act,"
"Don't stand there and tell me what you think I should do, I am not asking for assistance."
"You wouldn't have to ask if you wanted it,"
Their eyes meet for a brief second before he glances away, "Anything else?"

"How do you hide what they do,"
"Advanced potions and spells,"
"Like?"
He smirks, "Perhaps if my family is every on a holiday, I will show you my library. I am sure you would have the time of your life."
She doesn't smile, "Are you ok?"

His eyes flicker open in surprise, "Don't." he says immediately.
"What?"
"Don't show me compassion," he snarls.
"Why not! You deserve compassion,"
"Fuck, Granger! You truly do not understand," he runs his hands through his hair.
"You cannot care for me,"
"Why not,"
"Because I will take advantage of that fact, because I already have,"
"What if I want you to!"

He stops, his whole body freezing, his back tensing.
"Do you?"

"What?"

"Do you want me to?"

She pauses, her chest heaving in frustration, "Yes," she whispers.

He spins around immediately, walking towards her.
She steps back instinctively as his hand wraps around her jaw, tilting her chin up as he presses his lips to hers.

The hand on her jaw travels around to the back of her neck and his other hand wraps around the small of her back.
She gasps into the kiss, threading her left hand through his hair. She pulls him closer with her right, her hand on his shoulder.

She can vaguely hear movement in the corridor but her head is in a daze.
She feeling him back her up against a wall, but her back goes through it. She panics slightly and he only smirks against her lips.
"Didn't I tell you to relax Granger," he murmurs before moving his lips to her neck. He lightly kisses her skin as she hears the voices now in the classroom. She can see them through the blurry grey wall they were hidden in.
"Focus on me," he growls against her skin, biting down harshly causing a loud gasp to escape her lips.

She throws her hand over her mouth while he chuckles, straightening up and glancing over his shoulder at the two inside the classroom.
He grins as Pansy and Blaise look around the room for where the noise originated from.

Turning back to her he raises an eyebrow.
She narrows her eyes at him and removes her hand from over her mouth, choosing instead to shove him in the chest.

His grin turns vicious as he pulls her face towards his once more, his tongue lightly sliding against her lower lips. Moving his hands down her body, he grips her waist tightly and lift her up against the wall.
She immediately wraps her legs around his waist and he presses himself closer to her, his hands on both sides of her hips.

"Maybe they aren't here," she can faintly hear Pansy say as she shuts her eyes and leans into him.
She feels him smirk as one of his hands tangles itself into her hair, tilting her head back so he can suck on the skin of her neck again.