Suspicion

>>Matthew

"I feel like there's more to the story. She said she couldn't go home early that day because of the bullying incident and the exact same day her father died." I walked to the lounge where Azef was sitting watching TV.

"Someone killed him?"

"It wasn't intentional, but the argument escalated into a fight."

"Why after so many years? For almost eight years they were fine," He heard the beginning of the story since his hearing is exceptionally good but he left in the middle to take care of a call.

"Because no matter how you look at her, she doesn't look like a man."

"She looks like a pretty boy," He passed me a grin.

I smirked, "It was enough to fool people," I sat down next to him, "But also not enough to fool some others. Not when something else played a part in it."

"Her family's got some ass luck," Azef rolled his eyes, "But what does her bullies have to do with this?"

"I feel like someone might have paid the boys to expose her, someone from the family who wanted her. I don't have the full story of her school life yet. She gave me a brief story about that and what made the students start bullying her."

"What?"

"She started her period in class, the nurse came up with a stupid excuse but the kids didn't like it. She turned into an outcast when she originally was a loner as well."

There was a moment of silence before Azef started chuckling.

I stared at him, waiting for him to give me an answer for laughing because I knew he wasn't making fun of her. But he does stuff that often makes people misunderstand him.

"You know, that makes her the perfect Luna for our pack," He let out another chuckle, "We're all strange there." He threw imaginary stars out of his hands, "She's perfect."

His statement made me smile, "You're right about that."

"So? Did the other guy get news of Clio's bleeding and send a guy to the house to investigate?"

"It is highly probable that was the case. Probably why the argument turned into a fight as well since his father was trying to keep Clio safe by lying. Unfortunately, I didn't get the name of the man behind it all since she doesn't remember, but that's the only explanation as to why it all happened again."

"Any clues?"

"A man with a scar on his eye, and from the description he's blind from that eye too since she mentioned it was all white."

"You didn't get the names of the bullies?"

"There were four of them and three of them are dead, she didn't name anyone, and the school part of the story was pretty brief. Maybe because it was followed by the murder of her father,"

"Hmm," Azef placed his left leg on top of his right, "A mafia member with an eye scar," He gave me a side glance, "One can name a lot of gangsters with scars around the eyes,"

"I know, but it's someone with power and money, considering he gave out large investments and wanted a kid as collateral."

Azef scratched the side of his head, "If we're talking about people living here, the only one that comes to mind is Silas Soma, but his eye isn't white... unless he did something to it." He tapped his finger on his thigh, "Do you want me to look into it?"

I paused, "Silas Soma?"

"Yep," Azef raised his brows, "Somi Soma's brother,"

"..." I placed my hand on my mouth and thought about it, "The somas are pretty difficult to deal with."