An unbelievable request

>>Clio

My heart sank, and a chilling dread washed over me. A cold sweat formed on my forehead, and my hands trembled with anxiety.

"What?" I looked at my coworkers in horror, "You want to send me to city A?!?" Shock mixed with disbelief as I struggled to comprehend the gravity of the situation, "And to get what?!?" How could the company even consider sending an employee into such a dangerous territory?

"All you need to do is get your hands on proof," Rosa said.

"There's a strong rumor going around that he kills people." Rubab said, "He might actually be him." They wanted to send me to a company to investigate the CEO.

"He might be the serial killer?" I shook my head at them, "The Head Hunter? And you want me to get close to him to find out!?!?" How could the company even consider sending an employee into such a dangerous territory?

"Someone said he saw him beat a person to death," Rubab said.

"All you need to do is," They pointed at the camera in my hands, "Get the pictures."

"Does it have to be me?" I felt utterly mortified, "Why me?" I shook my head, "You're telling me to investigate a serial killer? How could you all even say that?!? Do you have any idea how terrifying it would be?!?!" I couldn't sleep the whole weekend. Three nights were utterly miserable for me because I kept thinking he would come for me. I remained locked up in my dorm room, eating that nasty dorm food as well just to remain within safe walls.

Hell! I didn't even open up my blinds! And comes Monday and I'm suddenly being sent to City A? Why!!? WHY!? That doesn't make any sense!?

"You're the only one who fits the criteria." Rosa said, "A.M, the company is notorious for doing thorough background checks before accepting any new workers, even interns!"

"And we don't have to try and play dirty if it's you. You are a college student, summer break has started and you applied for an internship to get experience." They told me the plan.

"No lies," The manager, Lucas, grinned as he walked over to us, "So we won't get in trouble."

"Because we won't get caught." Rosa wiggled her eyebrows but I shook my head at them

"But," I was hesitant, "If what you're saying is right, Isn't he a criminal?" Doesn't that mean they're sending me to my doom?

"Come on," Rubab patted my back, "It's not like it's a fact that he's a killer. He might not be."

"Yea! But that's what you're sending me to investigate!!" I was terrified, "What if he is a killer and ends up killing me?!?!"

They all looked at each other, "You need the money right?" Lucas said, making me pause.

"Besides, you'll be going to work!" Rubab said, "You don't need to do anything out of the ordinary."

"If you 'happen' to see something odd, and get a picture, that's a different story." They were telling me how to act. Not that I'll happen upon a chance but I'll have to make it happen somehow. That means I'll have to spy on him.

An overwhelming feeling of vulnerability swept over me, like a lamb being led to the slaughter.

"But," I hadn't told anyone else about what I saw in the alley that night but it seems like neither Nolan nor Cherelle said anything as well.

"Why me?" I looked at them with desperate eyes, "Who chose me?"

"The boss did," Lucas sighed but the moment I heard him say that my mind went blank.