The beginning of writing is difficult

....

He couldn't do this. Reggie groaned as he throw his head back.

"Why is writing your feelings so difficult!?" Reggie said to no one in particular, Since Alex had left shortly after he agreed to write down his feelings.

Wait, Why I am actually listening to Alex?

Reggie sighed,

"Well, maybe you aren't doing it right." A different Voice said, Starling him, again.

Gosh was he easy to startle.

Not to mention he was a ghost for crying out loud, he shouldn't be easy to startle.

He should be the one to startle people, humans, not the other way around.

Reggie looked at where he heard the voice at.

It was Luke..

Like that had made his day any better. Reggie held in a groan, because Luke was certainly the last person he wanted to see.

"Oh, it's only you, What's up dude?" Reggie said, sitting up straight while looking at Luke, who looked back at him.

"Uh, nothing, just.. coming to check up on you." Luke said as he lightly clapped his hands together as fist.

Reggie just stared at him, he didn't know whether to feel shocked or betrayed.

Shocked? Because Luke actually came to check up on him.

Betrayed? Alex let it slip that something was wrong with Reggie and so Julie told Luke to go check up on him because he knows him better, So Luke is basically taking pity on him.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking and checking up on me." Reggie said the things that would make Luke leave faster.

But Luke didn't seem to get the idea.

"Alex told you to write down your feelings if you feel like you couldn't talk to us, didn't he?" Luke frowned slightly as he looked between the paper and pen in Reggie's hand and finally towards Reggie.

Reggie bit his bottom lip slightly, it's not like he can't tell his friends what he's feeling, it's just,

He doesn't want to talk about his feelings. They have enough on their plate as it is.

"Uh, Yeah, how'd you know?" Reggie asked Luke.

"Alex told me the same thing after I kind off ran off when me and my parents had that ...falling out." Luke said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh," Is all Reggie said before spacing out momentarily.

...

Luke still kept looking at him but it was only for a minute because he moved his vision to the floor.

"I'm sorry about that." Reggie said as he zoomed back into reality.

Luke waved him off,

"Ehh, don't be, it wasn't your fault."

Reggie nodded awkwardly,

"Sooo... I know I basically already know what you're doing but do you want to say it yourself?" Luke questioned him,

Reggie frowned slightly, Should he?

...

"Writing my feelings out, sounds stupid right?" Reggie said with a forceful smile.

Luke shocked his head slowly before speaking,

"..No, Actually, I think it's kind of brave of you.." Luke said with a look in his eye that Reggie couldn't put a name on.

"Really?" Reggie asked in disbelief even though he doesn't know why, Luke turned what he's feeling into songs several times before, so why was he in shocked now??

Luke nodded again,

"Yeah dude, no man is willing to write their feelings down, they're always afraid that someone might find the paper or something."

Reggie frowned returned slightly, he hadn't thought of that.

But would it really matter? I mean, He doesn't even know where to start, so, if you think about it.

If he doesn't start then nobody would ever know what he's feeling, and he would be able to continue his life as normal as he can, not ever having to worry if someone finds his paper or not.

Wait, why would he place his paper somewhere where someone else could or might find it?

That doesn't make any sense.

Reggie must have made a face because Luke spoke again, this time with his hands up slightly like he was caught doing something.

"Woah, Hey there, calm down, it's okay buddy.. I'm not saying someone would, I said might." Luke defended himself.

Reggie's bottom lip trembled before he bit down on it.

He nodded, "Right.."

"..well I should be getting back to writing.. or else I might pushed away my feelings never to hear from them again until tomorrow.. or something."

Reggie said, Which Luke couldn't tell if it was a joke or not.

He hoped it was but yet again that was a depressing joke..

Luke nodded, he didn't want to leave just yet though.

"Well, do you need some help?"

Reggie shocked his head,

"No, this is me simply just writing my feelings out, not making a song."