Chapter 12: The Escape

Time passes and it's almost sundown. Three boys who were on Gally's side had Thomas's hands tied behind my back and two were dragging me. I was pretending to still be out of it to have an advantage. We are brought to two stacks and pushed towards them. Thomas fell fast first in the mud. We are met with all our friends standing on the other side of us towards the maze walls. Gally walks over and stands over
Me says "this is such a waste."
"Gally.... this doesn't feel right man." Winston speaks up. Frypan also chimes in "what if they are right? Maybe they can lead us home."
"We are home.. okay?I don't wanna cross anymore names off that wall."
Gally's spits "Do you really think banishing us is really gonna solve anything?" I ask "No. This isn't banishing, it's an offering." My heart drops.. this better go well I say under my breath. "Wait Gally no!" tommy says
"Do you really think I'm gonna let both of you back in the maze after what you two have done?! The glade is destroyed. The grievers will get what they came here for and everything will go back to normal." He yells. "Are you even hearing yourself right now Gally?! This is insane! He's crazy! The grievers are gonna come back and they are gonna keep coming back until you all are dead!" Thomas yells back "tie them up!" Gally commands "did you hear me?! I said tie them up!" The two boys pick me up and as soon as they do I elbow one of them causing them to fall so he grabs their spear and points it at them. Then Newt comes over to me and cuts my ties causing my hands to fall free. I look over to see Gally with a look of defeat on his face. Minho has his blade pointed at him as he makes his way to us. Thomas stands by me and holds my hand tightly squeezing when he gets extra nervous. "Full of surprises aren't you shanks?" Gally spits. The group and I look at each other both nodding our heads at each other knowing what's about to go down.
"Listen.. you don't have to come with us.. but we are leaving." Thomas says''Anyone who wants to come here is your last chance." Newt adds.
"Don't listen to him, he's just trying to scare you guys." Gally says as he turns to the group behind him. "No I'm not. We are all already scared.
We can't stay here." A few boys from behind Gally walk to our side behind Thomas, Newt and I. "We don't belong here.. This place has never been our home Gally.." I say quietly trying to convince him to come with us. "We can make it out of this place.. I know that.. Gally it's over.. Please come with us." "Good luck against the grievers.." Gally says and with that we turn around heading into the unknown challenges we might face.
Thomas pulls me to the side and says "Stay by me Y/N. Please, can we do this if we are together ok? Do you trust me?" "With my life..." I say as I run my fingers through his messy hair. "I love you so much, no matter what happens don't forget that." I say as I place a small kiss on his lips, " I love you too Y/N more than anything." He pulls me into a tight embrace. We hear the group ahead calling for us, we each let go and run towards the
others. I can't believe we are doing this but it's time... I just hope we all make it out alive. And we are off into the maze.. I would be lying if I said I wasn't absolutely sure of what we were gonna endure while trying to escape..