11 pm

Murtasim sat in his car just below Meerab's balcony, his eyes following Meerab as she walked around, listening to music. She looked happy today, he observed. Would she be happy like this if she knew of his feelings? Murtasim knew she was only here for 30 mins, this was her daily routine, she used to walk everyday at 11:00 pm on her balcony for exactly 30 mins. Everyday since last year he sits in his car below her balcony and watches her. These 30 mins of his day have become his source of comfort and peace. One time he got late because of some hold up and missed her, he couldn't sleep that entire night and had to fire that dumb guard of his who couldn't do his job properly. Murtasim remembered how angry and furious he was that day, but all his anger and frustrations went away when he finally looked at her at 11 pm. His entire heart was hers, his world revolved around her, he could go to any lengths for her, he could die for her, he could kill for her and here she was, walking around her balcony completely unaware that someone loved her like that. Murtasim sarcastically chuckled at his situation, he was in love with someone who didn't even know he exists. He thought about his love, he thought whether if it's actually love or just some weird obsession? It can be both he thought to himself. He looked at his phone, it was 11:29 now, he didn't even realise how 29 minutes had passed, he never does. He always gets lost in her, and loses the track of time. He took one last glance at her and attempted to start his car but something was wrong. He tried again and again but the engine died down as soon as it started.

Meerab paused her music to watch a video and started to make her way towards her room when she heard the sound of a car engine shutting down again and again. She walked towards the railing of the balcony and looked down and saw a black Mercedes. She wondered what anyone would be doing here at this hour. She saw a man get out of the driver's side, he moved towards bonnet and opened it. Meerab looked at the man, he looked incredibly handsome,she thought. He was wearing a black kurta pajama with a shawl hanging loosely over his shoulders. If meerab had seen him in some other circumstance she definitely would've asked for his number or something. He opened the car bonnet and was taken aback by the steam that came out of it, he moved his hand through his hair in frustration and kicked the front of the car. "DAMMIT" he shouted. Meerab looked at his state and thought that she should help him out, afterall he did look like a trustable person. "Excuse me." Meerab called from her balcony, "is everything okay? Do you need help?" She asked in a friendly mannered. To say that the man looked shocked would be an understatement, he looked like he had seen a ghost or something. He kept staring at Meerab but somehow his gaze didn't make her feel uncomfortable. "Hello? I'm talking to you, are u okay?" Meerab asked again raising her voice. That's when he snapped out of his trance like state and stutteringly replied, "yeahh, umm im im fine. Than..thankyou for asking."
"You don't look fine, are you sure u don't need help?" Meerab said.
"No..I....I already called for help don't worry." He replied, looking extremely nervous.
"Okay then" Meerab said and continued, "good night and if u need help, don't hesitate to ring the door bell." And with that she turned around and left.
Murtasim watched as she walked back to her room, he uttered a small thankyou in a whisper which was only audible to him. He couldn't believe what had just happened. He just had a conversation with Meerab for the first time in his life, his heart was going miles. He put his hand on his heart and took deep breaths to calm himself down. If anyone who knew him, looked at him right now they wouldn't believe it, afterall it wasn't everyday that THE mighty Khan Murtasim Khan blushes and gets nervous, that too because some girl talked to him. But to him, she wasn't just 'some' girl, she was Meerab, His Meerab, the only girl who had managed to capture his mind and heart after just one look. Murtasim smiled to himself like an idiot, Meerab finally had a conversation with me, he thought to himself. He took his phone out of his pocket and texted Zain to pick him up. He couldn't call him because Zain of all people would most definitely figure out something had happened. He walked towards the car to take a seat and wait for Zain, he was still blushing like a dumbass as he sat in the car and thought about Meerab.

Such a weirdo, Meerab thought to herself. Meerab wondered why he looked so nervous, she thought maybe it was because he didn't have much experience in talking to girls? But he didn't LOOK like it tho, he looked like someone who girls throw themselves at. And why was he looking at me like that? She wondered why his gaze didn't make her feel uncomfortable or anything, because she knew that if someone else looked at her like that she would've killed that person, but what was it about him that made her feel safe? That didn't make her uncomfortable? She shook her head trying to get the thoughts of the 'handsome stranger' out of her head. I have better things to do than to simp on people I don't even know, she put all her thoughts away and got ready to sleep.

Murtasim sat in his car still thinking about the little interaction with Meerab. Zain had seen his text and was on his way, Murtasim was left alone to his thoughts as he waited for Zain. He thought about how Meerab would react if she ever found out about his feelings and his 'activities' since last year. Am I actually stalking her?, Murtasim thought to himself, he had seen those 'stalker' movies but they were all obsessive people who were VERY dangerous. Am I like that? She won't be scared of me, will she? The stalkers in the movies and novels were psychotic and Murtasim in no way was any of that, he was just 'looking out for her'. How are you looking out for her at 11 pm when she's safely inside her home? A little voice in Murtasim's mind reasoned. Murtasim knew he was dangerous, but he would never ever do anything that could harm Meerab. He knew he possessed the ability to kill or torture someone but he wouldn't hurt Meerab, no he would never do that. Maybe this is exactly what all the stalker's think? But in the end they end up hurting THAT person the most. Murtasim shook his head to get all these 'stalker' thoughts out of his head. He just liked keeping tabs on Meerab and could be never hurt her. Yes he did shoot that one guy on the leg because he dared catcall Meerab on the street but that's not the point. Yes Meerab already punched him as a reply but Murtasim obviously couldn't do NOTHING, and he was a bad guy and he deserved it. Murtasim knew he was overthinking right now, shooting someone in the leg isn't THAT bad, and that bastard deserved it, he told himself. Murtasim thought about that one time when he had to get that traffic police officer fired because he dared to ask for a bribe from Meerab, Murtasim only got him fired because Meerab didn't break any traffic rules, yet the bastard stopped her car and then asked for a bribe, Murtasim may or may not have punched him after getting him fired but that's not the point here, the point is that he isn't like those obsessive stalkers in movies, I could never ever be like them, I would rather die before I hurt Meerab in any way.
Murtasim was brought out of his thoughts as he saw Zain's car coming towards him. He quickly got out of the car and signalled Zain to come towards him. The white fortuner came to a halt in front of Murtasim and Zain got out of the driver's seat. He had a mischievous look on his face that screamed 'I know what you've been upto'. Zain raised his eyebrows, silently questioning Murtasim what all this was about. Murtasim just glared at him in return and said, "I don't wanna hear anything, let's just go home." He moved towards the driver's side and opened the door but before he sat he turned towards Zain and said, " I will kill you if you tell ANYONE about this. AND GET THAT GODDAMNED CAR FIXED TOMORROW!"
Zain knew better than to argue with Murtasim or ask him any further questions because he knew that Murtasim WILL kill him if he gets on his nerves too much. They both got in the car and drove home.
The silence in the car was broken when Zain spoke up, "I have to go to her office tomorrow again you know." Murtasim's brows furrowed as he asked, "why? Haven't we already finalised the deal?"
"We have but I forgot my wallet there and I will go myself to retrieve it, you can come along too." Zain paused for a moment as Murtasim gave him a look and continued, "To meet Naurez of course, you can talk more about the deal."
"We'll see" Murtasim replied, clearly uninterested in talking to 'Naurez'.
The rest of the car ride was spent in silence as Murtasim was still lost in his thoughts and Zain dared not to open his mouth.