Bomb

Bakhtu called Murtasim as soon as he found out about Meerab getting fired. Murtasim was furious at the news as he didn't expect Naurez to fire her, but it was somewhat satisfying for him as Meerab was now out of 'harm's' way. But Murtasim's anger knew no bounds once bakhtu told him about Meerab's breakdown in the car, he quickly asked Bakhtu to follow Meerab and not let her out of his sight. Murtasim knew exactly what he had to do now, it only took a few phone calls and a few of his negotiating skills to fulfil his task.
Meanwhile Bakhtu followed Meerab home, ensuring she reached safely. Meerab was obviously too upset and didn't wanna talk to anyone at the moment, so she just rushed to her room without making eye contact with her parents who were confused because of their daughter's behaviour. Meerab reached her room and slammed the door behind her, locking it. She was too upset, too furious, she had just cried her eyes out and wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. She laid down on her bed, completely covering herself with the sheets in an attempt to calm herself down.

Murtasim knew Meerab must be very upset right now, so he asked Zain to call her up and offer her a higher position at their company FOR THE TIME BEING.
"What don't you call her yourself?" Zain asked with a sarcastic tilt.
Murtasim gave Zain an 'I'm done with you' look. Zain just grinned in response. "Can you for once just put an end to your weird obsession with my non-existent love life?" Murtasim asked.
"No-can-do sir." Zain replied teasingly and continued , "and also I didn't even mention a 'love life', so you agree you love her?"
"Can you just shut up for once?" Murtasim said, clearly annoyed with Zain's unnecessary teasing.
Zain raised his hands in surrender, "your words. Not mine." He said.
"Just call her." Murtasim said in a frustrated tone.
"Fine. I'll do it." Zain replied, surrendering to his Khan's demands.

Meerab was laying on her bed looking up at the ceiling, clearly embodying the phrase 'zinda laash', when her phone rang, it's shrill ringtone echoing through the room. She didn't wanna talk to anyone right now so she hung up the phone. But they called again and again until she picked up in frustration.
"Hello!" Meerab spoke as soon as she picked up.
"Hello, am I speaking to miss Meerab Ahmad?" The caller asked.
"Yes this is she. Who are you?" Meerab replied, her frustration laced in her voice.
"Hi, Meerab, I'm Zain from Khan enterprise, we met a few hours ago, do you remember?" Zain said.
Meerab furrowed her brows in confusion, why is this guy calling me? She thought to herself. She sighed and said, "yes I remember Zain, why are you calling?"
"Well actually we heard you got fired and-" Zain said, but before he could continue Meerab cut him off and said , "Yes I got fired, Are you calling to mock me? Huh?" Meerab's sudden anger was palpable.
"Oh no, I wouldn't dare to do that Meerab. Khan would kill me." Zain replied quickly.
Meerab rolled her eyes as he continued, "I'm actually calling to offer you a position in our company, it's higher than the one you had at your previous workplace. We can discuss the salary and everything in a meeting."
Meerab was shocked at this sudden job offer, that too from KHAN ENTERPRISE, this was a huge opportunity for Meerab. It's not everyday that one of the biggest companies in the country offers you a job. She still needed time to think about this, she had just gotten fired and she needed some time to herself before moving on to another job. Say yes, this opportunity won't come again a small voice in the back of Meerab's head tried to reason.
"Hello? Meerab? Are u still there?" Zain's voice brought her out of her thoughts.
"Um..yes...I mean I need some time to think about it." Meerab replied.
"Oh yes, of course, take all the time you need, and text me when you make a decision." Zain said. He wouldn't give time like this to just anyone, but this was Meerab, KHAN'S MEERAB. If anyone was worthy of this, it was Meerab. And also murtasim would kill Zain if he found out that Zain didn't give time to Meerab.
"Yes, yes I will. Thank you" Meerab said, a faint smile grazing her face.
"Okay have a nice day." Zain said, "you too." Meerab replied and hung up the phone.
Meerab knew she had to have a discussion with her parents about this, she still hadn't told them about any thing. So she got up and went downstairs to her parents' room to have a talk and take their advice.