FOUR

During lunch break, Jimin saw Eva walking down the hallway.

"Hello Angel!" he said excitedly.

"Why are you calling me 'Angel'?" Eva asked.

"'Cause, you're as beautiful as an angel. You're also a good person," he replied.

"I don't really think so," she said.

There was silence for a bit while they walked before Jimin broke it. "Have you heard the rumors lately? About you - I mean us?"

"Um...no," Eva replied.

"People are surprised that you can make friends, especially with someone like me."

"You actually...changed me a little."

"Everyone is subject to change," Jimin said. "Would you like a stroll? School's boring."

"Um...no. I want to go home," she said.

"You always say no. Why do you like that word so much? Don't you know that staying indoors too much can make you dull? I'm not taking no for an answer this time. Hop on!" Jimin said, pretending to be on a horse and skipping towards the school gates while Eva followed behind.

When they had reached where they were headed, Jimin extended his hand towards Eva.

"May I, m'lady?" he asked and she took his hand. They both walked to a nearby ice cream store where Jimin bought two chocolate ice cream cones.

"Here," he said handing one cone to her.

"I don't really like ice cream."

"Whoa...weird. I mean...who doesn't like ice cream? Just try it, you'll love it," he said already eating his.

Jimin finished his ice cream and noticed that  Eva still hadn't tasted hers.

"Eva, your ice cream's melting," he said in what had to be the grumpiest voice she had ever heard.

"Oh!" she said and began eating her ice cream very slowly.

After eating her ice cream, Jimin checked the time. They were already late for class!

•••

Some minutes after the class, Jimin and Eva ate in the school cafeteria and they were both walking in the school campus.

"I'll soon be heading home. Do you wanna come with me?" Eva asked.

"The last time I went there, you were forcing me to go back. Are you sure you want a visitor now?" Jimin said sarcastically.

"C'mon. Sure," she said smiling.

"Okay then. Let's go," Jimin said and they both entered Eva's blue Lexus jeep.

•••

When they got to her house, they both alighted and laughed at a joke Jimin had cracked.

She brought out the keys to her house, opened the door, turned on the lights and heaved a sigh. Jimin was already in.

"Do you want to play basketball?" Eva asked.

"...Y-yes..." Jimin said wondering how they would play basketball in the house. Were they going to play in the living room?

"Follow me then," she said and went towards the backyard.

Lo and behold! The backyard was the most awesome Jimin had ever seen. It was a full basketball court with all the equipment. Eva - Emerald rather - truly was Carl Spencer's daughter.

"Surprised?" Eva asked walking towards him, like she'd read his mind.

"Yeah. Awesome court," he complimented.

Eva brought out a basketball and they soon began to play.

•••

"I'm already tired!" Jimin yelled and fell to the floor, sweating. They had been playing for two hours straight and he still wasn't able to score even one point. Jiwon was a better basketball player than he expected her to be.

"You're a damn good basketball player Eva," he yelled.

"I love basketball. That's why my dad made me this court, just so I could be happy," Eva said, sitting beside him and taking off her shoes.

"If you really love basketball, who did you play with?" Jimin asked perplexed.

"No one. Sometimes I just play by myself," she said facing a wide-eyed Jimin.

"No one?! You were so lonely. I can't do without people in my life. I would literally prefer to commit suicide," Jimin said sadly.

"Well, now I've got you," Eva said making Jimin smile.

After a while, Jimin's phone beeped.

"Oh. I think I have to go. My roommate Taehyung should be waiting. We have something to do."

"Okay then. Till next time," Eva said.

"Till next time," Jimin smiled and went out.

•••

It had been two weeks since Jimin and Eva's friendship began. They had become inseparable.

Jimin was playing video games with his friend Taehyung when his phone rang. Taehyung picked the phone up from the counter.

"It's Eva... your girlfriend," he said teasingly.

"Just give me the phone," Jimin said and collected it from him. He picked it up and Eva spoke from the other end.

"Hello, it's me Eva."

"I know it's you. I have your name saved as Angel Eva."

"Alright. I just wanted you to know that my dad and my nanny are coming tomorrow to visit. I want you to come over for lunch. Can you?" she asked.

"Really? Yeah! I wouldn't miss it for anything. I'll be there at about 12:30pm," Jimin said obviously excited.

"Thanks Chim. See you then. Bye," Eva said and disconnected the call leaving Jimin blushing at the new nickname.