SEVEN

The party was already bubbling. Eva had to admit that the person who decorated the party was very good.

There were disco lights all around, shiny blue party ribbons with blue and white balloons.

Eva, at first, didn't want to come but she didn't want Jimin to think she didn't want to accompany him. So she had to go.

As she walked in with Jimin, who was obviously excited and was talking to other boys, she saw Big Ben. He was dressed in a red t-shirt and a black shiny jacket. He wore a pair of black jeans and a golden chain with a cross pendant.

Bernard Kyle walked with a group of boys. They were chatting happily - until he sighted Eva.

Big Ben looked at her spitefully. Eva wasn't really comfortable but she chose to ignore it.

As Eva walked, different boys tried to talk to her but she ignored them.

Jimin was away talking to others and Eva sat on a table pretending to be engrossed in her phone.

Just then, someone sat opposite her and she raised up her head.

"Hello snob. How's my party?"

"What do you want?" she asked impolitely. Big Ben had come to trouble her again.

"Hey, I'm not trying to disturb you. I'm the birthday boy, remember?" he said sarcastically.

"And?" she said not raising her head and typing her phone with a serious face.

"Girl, you're too sassy. That Jimin guy... is he your boyfriend?" he asked with a smirk. Eva turned to go.

"You haven't answered my question," he said holding Eva's hand tightly.

"Leave me, you jerk!" she shouted, releasing his grip angrily.

"Leave me, you jerk," he mimicked. Eva's temperature began to rise. "Do you think you'll go scot free with what you did the last time? If you did, I'm afraid you're wrong."

Anger welled up inside Eva's chest and she pushed him but he didn't fall.

"Stay away from me boy, or you'll regret it," she said rather calmly. People had started to look at the two of them. She wondered where Jimin went.

"Nice try but I think you're forgetting something," Bernard Kyle said and brought out a small book from his pocket, waved it and gave her a wicked smile.

"Where'd you get that from?" she shouted.

"Your locker. Where else?" he smirked.

"Give that back right now," Eva said in a very grumpy voice.

"Not unless you try to catch me."

She walked straight to him, her eyes firery. Suddenly, she tripped over something and fell down, injuring her head.

"Woah!" Bernard laughed and the crowd of people followed suit. "Y'know guys? I got her diary. Do you wanna see what's inside?"he added yelling.

Right then, Eva stood up and pushed Big Ben with serious force. She looked around and saw a sharp knife lying around on one of the tables. She picked it up and attempted to stab Ben.

Everyone moved away from her and Bernard moved back quickly to avoid the knife. Suddenly, someone came and hugged Eva tightly from behind.

"Angel, please calm down," Jimin said still holding her tight.

"Let me go!" She struggled to free herself. She held Bernard on his collar and he too was struggling.

"Angel, I beg you. You'll regret this forever. Control yourself and let him go," Jimin pleaded.

"I don't care about anything," she fired back and pushed him away. Bernard also fell on the floor. The crowd gasped at what they saw.

What had Eva done?

•••

Jimin was surprised to find out that he was still alive. Bernard was hale and hearty as well.

He looked at Eva. She stood transfixed for some reason.

•••

"Jimin!" Eva managed to scream before she fell on the floor. Her hands were bloody. She looked at the knife and the small circle of blood it made on her stomach.

"Angel! No! No, don't do this to me." He rushed to her. She had stabbed herself with the knife.

Most people at the venue fled. The few that remained watched in horror.

Eva was dying. Tears cascaded her face. "Jimin, I can't do this anymore."

"Please stay with me. I'll call the ambulance."

"Don't... b-bother. I just want you t-to know that... you're the best friend I've ever had. T-thank you, Jimin." She closed her eyes and coughed out blood.

"Angel, I love you very much. From the bottom of my heart." Jimin's eyes shimmered with tears looking at the diary beside her.

"It know you do. But please... don't love me. You deserve better than me. I'm... sorry." She coughed again and gave her final breath.

Jimin couldn't hold back his tears anymore. It felt like his heart was being torn apart.

His Angel was gone... and gone forever.

A/N

I'm really sorry for not updating for so long. Sadly, this book has come to an end ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ. Stay tuned for the epilogue.