DUTCH APPLE CRUMB PIE

🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧

This is definitely my favorite apple pie recipe, not only because it's easy to make, but also because it's so delicious. If you're a beginner pie baker, apple pie with streusel topping is definitely the best apple pie recipe to start with on your pie making journey.

Ingredients:
1 single pie crust (I use a frozen one and let it thaw while I mix the rest of my ingredients)

Apple Pie Filling:
6 cups apples sliced
2 tablespoons salted butter
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/4 cup cane sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 teaspoons lemon juice

Crumb Topping:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup cane sugar
1/4 cup salted butter sliced cold

🥣🥣🥣🥣🥣

Instructions
Pre-heat your oven to 375° F.

Apple Pie Filling:
Wash, core, peel, and thinly slice the apples, adding them to a large bowl.
Melt the butter, and mix it into the prepared apples.
Then add the sour cream, sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Mix together well.
Pour the apple pie filling into the pie shell.

Crumb Topping:
Mix together the flour, brown sugar, and sugar.
Then slice cold butter into the dry ingredients, and mix together with a pastry blender. It will form into a nice crumbly mixture. Top off your pie with the crumble topping, making sure you crumble it all up around the edge, as well.

Place your pie plate on a baking sheet, and bake at 375° F for about 1 hour, possibly a little longer depending on whether or not your crust is done.Once the pie is done, take it out of the oven, and allow it to cool on a wire rack, 'til you're ready to slice it up and serve it.

Serve with ice cream or whipped topping.
Enjoy!