3. SCARLET SUIT

Thankfully, it's the weekend. Jimin hasn't been able to stop thinking about what happened at the gas station a few nights ago.

He stares at his wrist, where the drunk had gripped him pretty tightly. And then the way the other man had grabbed him, pinned him up against the car so easily and tossed him as if he weighed next to nothing.

Jimin stares at his phone, debating on whether or not he wants to call Taehyung and let him know what happened. They've spoken since the incident, he's just never brought it up.

It was hard to make out any of the strange man's definitive features and for that, Jimin is troubled. Because he knows that if he ever sees him in public again, he'll have no idea that it's the man that presumably saved him.

"I just know this is going to eat away at me. I have to tell Taehyung," Jimin mumbles to himself while tracing his fingers over the bruising on his wrists. They usually tell each other everything.

While ogling the screen, his eyes catch the current time. It's only then that he's reminded of a small photoshoot he was booked for to help him practice for the big project at work.

It wasn't his idea, mostly because doing such would entail more embarrassment than he thinks he could endure. And frankly, the thought of having to pose in front of a camera on top of everything else that's going on in his mind almost seems impossible.

Although, it was Taehyung's idea and picturing a sad Taehyung is all that he needs to do what his best friend wants.

Jimin takes a quick shower, leaving his hair undone and dressing in something comfortable and easy to take off so the getting ready is easier. He finds a text from Taehyung, letting him know that he's outside. The blond grabs a coat and heads out the door and into the cold.

As soon as he pops into the warmth of Taehyung's car, buckling up, his brain pushes him to spill everything. His fingers tighten around the seatbelt and he sighs.

"Everything alright? The photoshoot is just for fun. You don't need to stress out about it," he promises while easing into the driving lane.

"Mhm," Jimin murmurs, staring at his hands. "There's something I need to tell you, maybe after we get to the building."

Taehyung looks over at Jimin and he can feel his friend's eyes on him. "What about?" he inquires.

"You're going to think I'm crazy. I want you to be parked so you don't take a different turn and bring me to a psychiatric ward," Jimin replies, looking out the window

"Yeah, okay. I wouldn't do that but if you want me to be parked when you tell me, I can. We're about ten minutes away, alright?" Taehyung says.

Jimin nods his head. He doesn't say anything for the remainder of the ride, eyes glued to the snow falling carefully from the grey sky.

-

The second Taehyung parks the car in the almost empty lot, he looks over at Jimin who seems to refuse eye contact.

"It can't be that bad, can it?" The man questions.

Jimin fiddles with his fingers, noticing that the bruising on one of his wrists is starting to show through the sad attempt at trying to hide it.

"That night after we ate out, I stopped by the gas station because I wanted some snacks for later. When I was inside, I noticed there was a strange man following me. At first I thought I was just overthinking things. But I listened to my gut and I put everything down and I walked out of the gas station and he followed me out," Jimin explains, noticing how stiff Taehyung has become.