4. BLOOD SPLATTERED LAPELS

It's the day before Jimin's big work assignment and he hasn't been able to focus. Not even while he sits in his cubicle, hunched over his desk.

Maybe it isn't such a great idea but after Jimin had ran from the studio a couple of days ago, he hasn't returned any of Taehyung's calls or text messages. He hasn't told him about the man that has shown up to save him twice now, either.

The way Taehyung treated him at the photoshoot and the way he disappeared towards the end just doesn't sit right with him. Maybe he's being petty but he usually always trusts his gut. Even if it happens to be over his best friend.

Instead of working over the past hour, Jimin has been drawing. Jeongguk. He was able to get his name before he left, even though it took a lot of patience. He hasn't been able to get him out of his head. And therefore, the only thing that he can do is put him on paper.

While he adds to the soft waves on his head, Jimin thinks back to Dong-ha and the studio. Jeongguk told him to stay away. Why? His curiosity this past week has drained him immensely. Even more so today as the so-called dangers of a polished company building seem to incite an undying wonder.

Jimin closes his laptop, staring at his watch. The day has been progressing at an extremely sluggish pace and the intensity of his thoughts are almost vivid enough to inspire early departure from work. He doesn't really have any kind of excuse to leave but thankfully it's his boss's day off which means there's no authority to try and work around. His coworkers might prattle but right now, that's the last of his worries. He packs everything up and leaves the company building.

As soon as he makes it outside, a sudden rush of air fills his lungs. He always seems to forget how stuffy working in a cubicle can be. For a moment, he ponders what Taehyung had mentioned not too long ago; about finding a new job. The thought sits with him each day and only becomes more prevalent during the worst of them.

When Jimin makes it into his rental car, he buckles in place and sits in silence, hands wrapped around the wheel contemplatively.

The only way that he can seem to see Jeongguk is if he's in trouble.

Without a second thought as to whether or not it could be a bad idea, Jimin starts driving. His rationale is completely clouded by the impulsive needs overwhelming his mind and body.

It doesn't take long before Jimin is stationary in the parking lot of the studio. His grasp on the steering wheel has tightened so much to the point of pale knuckles. He feels his phone buzzing in his pocket and can almost guarantee that it's Taehyung but doesn't check. Such notion only encourages him in the original recklessness of his plan.

Only when Jimin walks into the building does it really dawn on him that he has absolutely no clue as to what kind of business could make this place dangerous enough to endorse a warning. Identical to the time of his prior visit, the staff stare at him so blatantly he can feel holes being burned into the back of his head.

The moment the elevator doors begin to close, he turns around and notices that all of them are standing still, facing the elevator while glaring at him with blank expressions. A surge billows down his spine accompanied by an eerie feeling.

You can't back down now, he murmurs to himself.

The closer he gets to Dong-ha's studio, the more his heart begins to race with negative thoughts squirming at the back of his mind. He pushes his hair free from his forehead, clearing his throat quietly before stepping into the large and extensive room. The curtains are draped over the windows, soliciting a much less hospitable and warm environment than last time.

At this point, Jimin's confidence starts to decline at an alarming rate. He's standing in front of the door, shuffling on his feet. He doesn't see Dong-ha, not even Maiev. His absence should fuel his relief and yet all he can do is wonder where he is.