the holiday season

"Baby?"

Mark looks behind him, and it's Scott, walking his direction, with his hand extended.

Mark smiles at Scott. "Did I get ahead of you?" He asks.

"Yeah," Scott takes Mark's hand.

"Sorry, angel." Mark kisses Scott's cheek.

"It's okay. Ready to look at the lights?" Scott asks.

Mark's smile grows. "Yeah," he says, and Scott leans in to kiss him quickly before they head to the ticket booth.

"Hi, two tickets for the holiday night light displays, please," Mark says with a smile.

"What? No, baby, I wanna pay."

"No, you always pay. It's my turn." Mark hands the worker his card. "Thank you!" He thanks the worker.

"Right this way," the worker points, and they walk into the gate.

"Marky, look!" Scott squeals, at a tunnel of lights. "We have to go that way first," he says.

"Sure, angel." Mark says, and Scott squeezes his hand in excitement.

"Oh my god, it's so pretty," Scott smiles

"Oh my god, it's so pretty," Scott smiles. "I have to take a picture of you!"

"No, let's take a picture together," Mark offers. "Excuse me? Ma'am? Could you take a picture of us?" He stops someone.

"Sure," the woman smiles.

"C'mere, babe," Mark walks to the center of the tunnel.

Scott meets him there, and Mark pulls him close.

"It's so pretty," Scott looks around.

"Yeah," Mark says, his eyes never leaving Scott.

"Smile!" The woman says. "One, two, three!"

They both smile for the picture.

"Can we do one more?" Scott asks.

The woman nods.

Scott leans in to kiss Mark's cheek, and Mark's smile grows.

"Aww! One, two, three!"

Scott pulls away, and they smile at each other.

"I love you," Mark mumbles.

"I love you," Scott says, at the same time.

They both laugh, and then Mark goes to get his phone.

"I got one more of you two looking at each other all smiley," the woman says. "You two are such a cute couple!"

"Thank you," Mark slips his phone back into his pocket, and grabs Scott's hand. "Let's go, my love."

They walk through the tunnel of lights, and turn the corner.

"The lights are moving to the music," Scott says quietly as his eyes widen.

"You're so cute, baby," Mark chuckles.

Scott blushes. "Marky, stop it."

"But you are!" Mark says.

"Babyyy!" Scott whines, but he giggles soon after. "You're giving me butterflies," he admits.

"Good," Mark says, kissing Scott's cheek.

They continue walking through the music timed light displays for 30 minutes or so, and then I've got my love to keep me warm starts playing.

Mark gives Scott a look, and Scott looks back at Mark, confused.

"I love this song," Mark admits. "Can we dance? With the pretty lights around us?"

Scott smiles. "Sure, sweetheart." They walk a few steps so they're not directly in the way of anyone, pulls Mark closer, and they start to dance.

Mark giggles as they dance, and Scott smiles fondly at him.

"You're so cute," Scott says, then starts to sing to him. "So I will weather the storm, I've got my love to keep me warm."

Mark blushes. "I'm so lucky," he says.

"Why?" Scott asks, swaying them both to the beat.

"I have you," Mark says.

"Well in that case, I'm the luckiest boy in the whole world." Scott says proudly.

"Huh?"

"Because I have you," Scott smiles.

Mark has to kiss him.

The song ends, and they grab hands, continuing through the light display.

It's about another 10 minutes once they've walked through it all, and they're back in their car.

"That was so fun," Scott says. "Thank you for taking me, baby. I love you."

Mark smiles at his adorable boyfriend. "I love you too, angel." He leans over and kisses Scott's cheek. "Let's go home and cuddle and watch a christmas movie."

Scott smiles. "Okay!" He says, and they drive off.