Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Lucilia did not join her family for dinner, she actually made an effort to go to bed early and asked a staff member from the kitchen to wake her up before anyone else in the house woke up the next morning.

They followed through with her plan and Lucilia set out for the training compound immediately. She made sure she had enough food for the whole day and even brought a book with her just in case. She slipped out before anyone saw her and arrived at the training compound while the sun was still barely peaking above the horizon.

The relief Lucilia felt was amazing, and she spent the first hour eating breakfast in peace then doing stretches.

After that, she got to work on her archery. There was a new found motivation after yesterdays hunt. Even though she did not want to relive any aspect of the previous day. She knew that she was going to be amazing at archery and it would help her with her position in her fathers team.

Lucilia decided to not stand still and instead moved around while she shot arrows. She didn't think about her stance or hesitate at all when trying to correct it, she just shot arrows.

The arrows hit the center so frequently she had to keep going back to the target and removing them so she wouldn't split them to bits. This made her ego grow, and Lucilia was starting to feel unstoppable.

Her parents couldn't tell her what to do with this attitude.

By dinner, she was bored again and it was taking everything in her to not head back to the estate. She needed to go back just to sleep and not see anyone again. Because dinner was when people were most active in the house, it was the worst time to go back.

As she was relaxing, she heard a rustle outside the compound.

The sound made her freeze, but she didn't move from her place on the blanket. She was having her own picknick dinner. If anyone was here it would be someone crazy or her father. She could take the crazy person no problem.

So she waited, and whoever it was walked right in through the front door.

There were two boys, they looked a little older than her. Both were dressed in fine leather armor and had weapons at their sides. Lucilia stayed where she was. She felt almost embarrassed in the clothing she was in. Her pants were baggy and she was wearing three shirts so nothing was revealing. She looked like she was wearing a bag over her head.

Her dagger was right beside her because she was using to cut her bread for dinner, so she was going to stay where she was.

Lucilia raised an eyebrow at the two boys. They both stopped just inside the door and watched her. She was not going to address them first. This was her territory.

The brunette on the right cleared his throat, "Lady Lucilia?"

Lucilia nodded her head.

The red-head on the left held out his hand, "I am Raymond! Your cousin!"

Lucilia's eyes widened as he walked over, looking like he wanted to shake her hand. Lucilia waited and when he got to her side, she put out her hand. He shook it and grinned at her. The other boy trailed behind slowly and when Lucilia looked at him, he also introduced himself.

"I am Clyde, Lord Fredrick's son."

Lucilia was amazed, two sons of Circle members were here in front of her right now. Why were they here? They weren't allowed to see each other.

Lucilia stared up at both of them for a long moment before finally asking, "why are you two here?"

They looked at each other and then Raymond answered, "your father didn't tell you?"