Chapter 9

Yujun POV

I have decided to not call the engagement off. Because I know he doesn't want to. And I don't want to make anything uncomfortable between us, because I want him to be happy. And its not like I'm totally unhappy either.

Well... maybe a little bit. I can't be honest with myself. Cause that would hurt me more. For now, his happiness is all I care about.

Yechan POV

I asked Yujun about this thing today... but of course that ended with both of us ignoring the topic, like always. I told myself to be brave and to confront our problems. But I couldn't, after seeing how uncomfortable he looked, how could I?

Everyone knows he doesn't look at me the way I do, it doesn't take 17 years of friendship to realise that.

So, after thinking for a while...
I've decided to call the engagement off. I really don't want to but, I can't put myself first, because he's too important to me. I can't be happy if he isn't, and these days, I know he's not.

I have seen him smiling more with other people. Of course he can do that, but honestly, I can't say it doesn't hurt.

Anygays, I guess we won't get married after all.

3rd Person POV

And just like that, they spent their day ignoring their problems that they couldn't bring themselves to say or talk about anymore because it hurted them. Maybe because it was the first time they weren't on the same page or maybe because they were too scared to lose each other. Because they were all they ever cared about.

♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎

"We're home" Yujun said once they entered the house.

"Just in time for dinner, boys" Grandma Jung shouted from the kitchen.
"Get ready first yall" A voice quickly followed.
"Okay" Yujun shouted back.

They went upstairs and headed for Yechan's room.

Yujun's room hasn't been used in years, only to store some belongings that couldn't fit into Yechan's room anymore because Yujun had to sleep next to Yechan since he still has ongoing nightmares about that night that doesn't seem like it's going away anytime soon.

So, they entered the room. But unlike usual, the air around them felt thick, and for the first ever time, the did not know what to do about it, so, with an awkward atmosphere surrounding them, they got changed, with eyes never daring to even glance at each other.

After changing to their comfortable clothes, they went downstairs. But still, not saying anything to each other. Maybe because they had nothing to say. Or because they had too much to say that it became easier to stay quiet.

♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎
(In the kitchen)

"Don't you think these two are acting wierd these days?" Grandma Lee asked Grandma Jung  who nodded in agreement.

"I think so too" She said.
"Is Yujun thinking of calling the engagement off?" Grandma Lee asked.

"He has it in his head" The latter sighs.
"But, I don't think he will, he won't actually, unless we force him" Grandma Jung said as the latter nods.

"But I'm worried about Yech-" Grandma Lee said when suddenly, they heard footsteps and decided to quiet up. And that's when they also heard their fears come to live.

The usual teasing and whining down the stairs and every room of the house was gone. Everything had became so quiet. Uncomfortably quiet.
They weren't running down the stairs anymore but still, they walked close together, because they couldn't stay away from each other, even if they tried to.

♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎

They entered the kitchen. The awkward air quickly following. The whole room fell quiet as no one dared to say a word. The adults couldn't bring themselves to mature up and so did the younger two.

That was until Yechan had something to say.

"I want to call the engagement off"

End of chapter

This is the last I'm gonna update before my exams. I'll be back soon.

Anygaysss
Byeee