Chapter Fourteen 💚❤️

If he thought that was the end of his misery, he was wrong. As a few days passed, his mother noticed that he was vomiting frequently. Apart from the fact that he is often absent due to dizziness, and he always feels worse.

"Do you have something to confess to me, Zhan?" Jingtong gently asked him as she sat on the side of his bed.

Everyone will know what is happening to him sooner or later. He had to face it now. "I don't know if my suspicions are right, Mommy. But I have a feeling I'm pregnant," he said accompanied by sobs.

Jingtong seemed to lose her strength. She already had the suspicion but still hoping that maybe, her child might just be sick. Ulcer or eye problem. Not his Zhan. She didn't even see his son having a relationship to anyone, according to her belief. He has always been a good son. What happened?

"T- to whom, Zhan?" the question barely escaped her lips.

At first, Zhan didn't want to say who is the father of his child, but will he deny it? Jingtong couldn't believe it even more when she learned. No reason, not even a hint.

"I... I don't know what to say, Zhan." she said with a trembling voice. "This... is quite a shock to me. How did that happen? Your Dad and I, why we don't know anything? Does your brother Zoucheng know anything? Did we neglect you?" There was guilt in her voice that only made Zhan's cries louder.

"Oh, Mom! You didn't do anything wrong. It was me." He hugged his mother.

"Maybe your daddy and I made a mistake when we told you not to enter any relationship until you graduate. We told you that because we're just worried due to your special condition. We wanted you to be settled first before you engaged in any relationship. And maybe because of that you feel suffocated and like you don't have a freedom at all." said Jingtong in a bitter voice after a while.

Zhan shook his head. "That's not the reason Mom. I have been in love with him since time immemorial. It's not because you don't want me to be in a relationship. I'm the one who doesn't entertain anyone, because I commit myself to Yibo."

"What will I tell your father and brother, Zhan?" Jingtong asked her son dejectedly.