Chapter Fifteen 💚❤️

That night it was Zoucheng who lost his temper. If not for the strong self-control, he might have hurt his brother. Instead, he poured all his anger on the wall and punch it.

"That son of a bitch! We're like brothers!" Zoucheng almost cried. "The shameless bastard betrayed me! Ziyi and I have been lovers for a long time but we never go beyond simple kissing."

"It's my fault..." Zhan said softly between his sobs. He didn't think that he hurt his family in what happened. He glanced at his father who is silent, only that his palms are clenched tightly.

"It's your fault? No, Zhan! You're young and naive, he took advantage of that! I'll put him in jail! He must take responsibility for what happened to you. I'll talk to his parents!" Zoucheng turned to him.

"He and Cheng Xiao are already in the US. And they may be married at this moment," he tried to steady his voice. "Please, I don't want anyone to know about my condition, people will gossip about me. I also don't want anyone to know that Yibo is the father of my child." he pleaded. Then Zhan turned to his father, and he held his hands.

"Dad, please. Talk to me... even if you hurt me, I'll accept it. Just don't be like that. You're scaring me..." he was hysterical at his father's silence.

Jianmin raised his hand and hugged his son to his chest. There were tears in his father's eyes. Zhan's cry grew louder. He was so ungrateful to bring shame to his parents and sibling.

"We are going to get through with this together, aren't we," said Jianmin in a trembling voice. He looked at the wife and eldest son. "I have always implanted morality in this household, but you strayed. You are the only one I can blame for what happened to you, Zhan, but this is not the time for that. We'll help you, son, why not. But you must face the consequences and I hope that you will learn from this. I might not be able to forgive next time."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Darren Wang

Xiao Zhan "HUSBAND" 

Jianmin left for Shanghai, he was there for two days. Upon his return, he is with a friend's son. Darren Wang. For about a week the man stayed at the Xiao family's house as a guest.

He was introduced as Zhan's boyfriend. That they have been friends and writing each other for a long time. It wasn't difficult for Zhan's friends to believe it because of the cards that Yibo regularly sent to him in school, and they always teased him about it.

You are handsome Zhan and smart. I like you. Apart from the fact that you are pregnant, you are still naive. That guy is so lucky." Darren told him, when they were in town and eating at one of the famous fast foods.

"Thank you, Darren, but I wonder why you agreed to Daddy's request."

Darren shrugged his shoulder. "You're doing me a favor, I'm having my vacation here. And our parents are best friends. So why not." She played the fork on the plate. "I'm going back to the US next week, Zhan, come with me. " Darren said seriously.

"Darren! Maybe you're forgetting that I'm pregnant," Zhan laughed and whispered while looking around.

"I'm thirty-two and so far, I haven't found a girl I want to marry. I have nothing to criticize you, Zhan. Even if you are a boy, I'm willing to take your lover's place and marry you in the US."

"Thanks again, Darren. But don't. I can't let someone else take the responsibility for my child."

"Is it because of our age gap? You're only eighteen and I'm ten years older than you?" Darren asked him.

"Goodness, no. It's just that..." Zhan answered and he bowed his head sadly.

Darren took a deep breath. "The same old romantic reason. You are not in love with me. Well, I guess we do not agree on that. I don't believe in love. Compatibility and companionship, for me."

Zhan smiled. Darren is a handsome guy and it's funny to think that there are people who don't believe in love.

The Xiao family spent a week after Darren left before the whole family leaves for Shanghai. The news spread that Zhan married Darren in a civil wedding. And when the Xiao's returned to Chongqing, Zhan was no longer with them, and he will stay with his "husband" in Shanghai.