Chapter Twenty Two 💚❤️

"This is brilliant, Yibo!" Liu Haikuan said after studying Zhan's work. "The concept is great. I'm sure it will appeal to the market."

Yibo nodded. "He is coming today. Let's talk. I'll call you when he arrives." He left his office and went to his own office.

He sat on the swivel chair and opened the drawer and took out the gold chain again and played it with his hand. Deep in thought.

When the door suddenly opened. "Hello, darling," Cheng Xiao said.

He smiled. Over the years they remained friends. "Hi. Why are you here?" he asked her, she is assigned in another branch office.

Cheng Xiao sat on the armrest of the swivel chair and gently put his arm around his shoulder. "I'm absent today because I want to go shopping. Let's have lunch out, Yibo," she told him with a pout.

"I have a meeting this morning, Cheng Xiao. I don't know what time it will end. Guess who?"

"Eh, who is..." She noticed the bracelet in Yibo's hand. "You brought that out again."

Yibo smiled bitterly. "This has become a habit, Cheng Xiao. Especially when I'm thinking."

"If you just give me that, I'd be happy." She said.

Yibo laughed. "And what will be this value, compare with your precious jewels?"

Sadness spreads across the woman's face. "Until now, Yibo, you don't want to let go of Zhan's memory?"

"What do you mean?" he asked accompanied by a soft laugh.

"You try to deny it to me but until now I know you haven't forgotten him."

Before Yibo could answer, the door opened with a gentle knock. Zhan entered the room.

"Good morning, Yibo---" Zhan stopped walking when he saw that Yibo was not alone in the room. He's with Cheng Xiao.

Cheng Xiao was also surprised. Standing up from sitting on the armrest. "Zhan!" she exclaimed.

"H=hello, Cheng Xiao," Zhan greeted as he stepped closer. He smiled. There is no need to break his composure just because the two are here together. "Do you mind if I take a seat?" he asked Yibo. He had to sit down, or his legs might give out.

"W-why is he here, Yibo? When did you...? Cheng Xiao looked at Yibo in confusion.

"Zhan is the one I'm talking about that I'll meet today. He's going to do a project for Bio-Nature." Yibo answered while he was still playing with the gold chain on his finger.

The eyes of the two were fixed on it at the same time. At the same time, both of their faces lost its color. Cheng Xiao barely snatched the bracelet from Yibo's hand.

"W-how did that get to you?" Zhan's asked absentmindly. Of course, Cheng Xiao took it from him. But why does she have to be give it to Yibo?

Yibo smiled sarcastically. "Is this it?" Raised the bracelet.

"Come on, Yibo, if you have a work to talk about, start it now, so we can have lunch together," Cheng Xiao said trying to keep her voice normal and reached for the gold chain from his hand but he avoided it Yibo.

"I'm surprised you asked me that. Have you forgotten that you returned it to me along with your message?" Yibo's face suddenly hardened with anger. "Well, at least, even with your craziness for the man you married to, you were able to return it to me. How decent!" Yibo replied to Zhan.

Zhan stood up from sitting. Glancing at the pale Cheng Xiao who didn't know what to do and say.

"I didn't... return that to you..." Zhan said almost in a whisper.