02

👩🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👩🏼❤️‍🔥🕊️💋 — lover

bit of a long one but if you're enjoying this, please do comment! I love interacting with you all and knowing what you think x

20th august 2023
sydney, australia

If Sophia knew how much her body would go through withdrawal after one pathetic excuse of an interaction with Alexia, she would have avoided making eye contact with her in the first place. She thought that surely it wasn't normal to still be this hung up over a woman she should've gotten over in the year and a half that they hadn't of seen one another but nothing about their situation or relationship had ever been normal.

She felt disappointed, in both herself and her inability to keep a conversation going with the woman she could once talk the ears off of. But most of all, she felt upset that she had forced herself to watch the woman achieve the biggest victory that football had to offer from the sidelines, instead of by her side like she should of been.

For the past hour and a half, Sophia had been in a sulk, that was clear for everybody to see, it being present in her facial expressions and body language, those around her narrowing it down to the second place finish. However, after getting a couple of double pink gin and lemonades down her and having a little dance to ABBA with her best friend, the blonde had already begun to partially forget her conversation with her ex girlfriend because why would she want to keep thinking about the gorgeous, kind, talented, Spanish woman she once loved?

Once satisfied with her newfound positivity, Leah had brought Sophia back to their table to both catch their breaths and to allow everybody else to have a dance, the pair finding Ella and Alessia stuck deep in conversation, the two young lionesses soon ditching their own chat to get involved with the older blonde women, the quartet wasting no time in laughing and properly catching up with one another.

However, as much as they wish it hadn't, their debate about whether or not Smithy had in fact accepted or denied Nessa's proposal was soon caught short at yet another sight that Ella had seen over her sister's shoulder, the brunette's jaw dropping before a smile took over her face, nudging her best friend's knee so that Alessia could also see what was going on.

"Earth to Ella, what's the matter with you?" Sophia questioned with a furrowed brow, pondering on why on earth her sister had just interrupted herself and what had caught her interest so much.

Neither of the women had seen Ella this excited over anything before, the Manchester United player scooting forward to the point where she had nearly fallen off her chair resulting in Alessia holding out her arm in front of the brunette's body, exaggeratedly gesturing her hands to execute her point. "I swear it's as if the stars have aligned because guess who has just walked in."