t w o

'-TRYING NOT TO FORGET-'

'-NO, NO!! I DID EVERYTHING, I DID IT!"-'

'-IN WHICH HE BREAKS DOWN-'

Calix grabbed the door in shock, gasping. Bile grew in his throat looking at Paisley's pale face. Paisley's family had shot wounds but the way Paisley was killed was  disgusting. Knives where sticking out of her stomach, throat and head. Whoever killed her was going to pay for it. He slowly walked up to her body, and fell to his knees after he reached her, a shrill scream escaping his mouth. His body shaked with every sob he cried, his throat felt raw as he screamed,

"NO, NO I DID EVERYTHING, I DID IT!"

He fell to his knees and latched onto Paisley, screaming. His white shirt was now red as he rested his chest over hers. He pulled her onto his lap and stroked her hair, the glow that was once there left, never again coming back. He grabbed her chin softly and rubbed her pale lips. Their usual strawberry pink colour was gone. He broke down once more and screamed the same phrase as earlier. Soon enough , Brutus and Enobaria found him. They comforted the child,

"Calix, you need to let go. Please, you have to. The reaping for the 75th Hunger Games is today. Theres a twist, you might go into the arena. She died a awful death, I know. But if she was still alive she would've asked you to end her pain."

"I'm not ready, Brutus! I cant let her go. She was all I had left."Calix sobbed.

"I know, kid. But you can say goodbye now, and come back later." Enobaria said.

He sniffed and something came to mind. He could volunteer for the 75th Hunger Games and avenge Clove and Paisley. And maybe just maybe...kill himself.

He stood up straight and smiled, sniffing.

"Yeah, yeah you're right. I'll comeback later." He laughed softly.

Brutus and Enobaria gave him a suprised look and smiled.

"That's the spirit,kid.

Calix, Brutus and Enobaria walked slowly over to the plaza where Reapings took place, trying to extend their time together. It might be their last walk after all. Brutus and Enobaria cared for Calix so much, they would kill for him. They would get tortured, and the one thing on their mind would be Calix. It was that type of love that couldn't be expressed in words, but actions only.
They where close to the plaza, when Calix started to walk even more slowly.

"C'mon, buddy, we gotta go." Brutus said softly.

"I'm scared. I don't want to be scared, because being scared killed her."

"Toughen up, kid.She loved you remember that." Enobaria answered.

They where there at the plaza after 5 minutes of comforting Calix. Calix raised his chin and walked, some would say he strutted. At the stage he stood there, taking deep breaths, with his hands behind his back.

"Welcome to the 75th Hunger Games Quarter Quell!! As you know there has been a twist, the Victors from the existing pool can be picked. As usual, ladies first."The voice of the district 2 escort, Esquema Mulciber boomed. Cheers could be heard from around  the plaza as the lady put her hand into the bowl, swishing it carefully.

"Enobaria Hartwell", She exclaimed.

"Onto the men."

The tension in the air was as thick as Esquema's personality. Calix was ready to say the iconic Katniss Everdeen line.

"Brutus Casier."

"I volunteer as tribute!", Calix's voice exclaimed automatically.

"Ah, Calix, wonderful!! This years Tributes for the 75th Quarter Quell.", Esquema said, like a child at a toy shop, excitedly.

Instead of shaking hands, Calix pulled Enobaria into a hug, pulling back slightly and kissing her forehead. Enobaria was the mother he needed, and he was the son she needed.A love that they didn't know would be torn apart into pieces, soon enough.

A love that they didn't know would be torn apart into pieces, soon enough