Chapter 11: apologies and introductions

Hearless stood for a solid few minutes as Vestal chastised her until she remembered hearless couldn't hear anything.

"FUCK", Vestal yelled into the ceiling after she realized what she had done. "That was stupid", Hearless just stared blankly at Vestal. "So, you are done yelling at a deaf person?", It was Vestal's turn to stare back dumbfoundedly. "Sorry just, you left without notifying anyone and left to go out in a storm while your hand was still injured.", Hearless stares for a moment before nodding. "Sorry, I saw Enterprise leave when she was still damaged; I didn't think and went after her", Vestal nods. "I understand. Just next time, let someone more qualified handle it", Hearless gives a nod before yawning. "You should head to bed; it's dark", said Vestal. Hearless nods and goes back to her room, where she collapses in her bed.

Soon she wakes up to the smell of a pastry, "is that milk bread?", she opens her eyes slowly and sees Enterprise standing in the room with Hornet standing next to her, "what is going on", she watches the two make a small exchange of words before enterprise's shoulders dropped turning to her, "sorry for making you panic, and causing you to go after me", hornet gives her a sideways look which enterprise handed the bear-shaped bread to hearless who took it with a confused look, "sorry for my sister mom", this caused enterprise to freeze with a look of panic mixed with surprise.

"What?", Enterprise turned to Hornet. "What do you mean, Mom?", Hornet gave a smirk. "She built me, or at least was one of many people who did, and well, she actually kept track of who she built; she also built Sandy, Laffey, and Benson." Enterprise just stares for a moment. "Who knows?", Hornet gives a small smile. Laffey, Benson, and the rest of the Benson class who decided to be adopted by her, and finally me." enterprise just nods, "So she would be my mom by proxy?" Hornet shrugs at this. "That's your choice, but for me, she's my mom that I didn't know existed till a couple of days ago." enterprise kind of nodded and walked out. Hearless looked confused at the snippets of conversation she did read but took a bite of her panda bread.

Hornet took a seat near Hearless's bed, looking out across the hall to the lady in the blue blazer's room. "So?", Hearless turned to Hornet. "You think Sis will let you adopt her?", Hearless gave a small shrug as she finished up the bread. "Wanna meet Yorktown?", Hearless gave a short look before nodding as she was unsure who Yorktown was. "Well, I met two of the three Yorktown carriers; I wonder what the name sake looks like?" Hornet helped Hearless up, making sure she was steady, and they walked across the hall.

Opening the door that was to the blue-blazed woman. As the door swung open, the woman turned to face the two and gave a warm smile, "Hello", Hornet. She sees Hearless and smiles at her as well, "Who might you be?", Hornet said something, at least hearless, which she assumed she did as she felt a slightly warm breeze on the top of her ears. "I see, well, I'm Yorktown," Hearless moved to sit down before signing. "I'm hearless", Yorktown gave a smile. "Hello hearless, this was a pleasant surprise for hearless. "Well, that simplifies this", Yorktown gave a smile. "That it it does.heard some rumors have been moving around the base, something about some of the people on base calling you mom? Can you explain?", Hearless gave a nod, "I was in shipbuilding and built a lot of ships; I have a list for it somewhere, but I helped build your sister Hornet.", Yorktown gave a smile, "I see, I guess that makes you my mother as well", Hearless gave a smile seeing that and moved some to give Yorktown a hug. 

Afterward, sitting down, he said, "Glad you ok with that" and "I already have the entire Benson class doing it, so I don't mind", Yorktown gave a nod, "It seems you're slowly becoming the mother of Kansen, "I don't think I deserve such a title", Yorktown smiled at her hesitation, "Perhaps, but it isn't wrong, is it?", Hearless gave a nod at that, "Well, it's nice to meet another of my daughters", "It's nice to finally meet my mother", They give a smile to each other, "now i should rest, i think you should as well", hearless gives a nod and noticed the time, it was late the sun already setting, "might not be able to sleep i could try to teach myself more magic", she gave a nod and went back to her room, letting yorktown and hornet to talk to each other she sat on her bed and opened her magic book and saw a materials section, "whats this?", she starts to read taking note of what the symbols can be inscribed onto ranign from paper with a note of having a single use to leather having a few thsand uses before it fades and had to be reengraved.

She looks at the hilt of her katana, she gives it a touch to confirm her suspicions, "i can add magic to this", she pulls a knife from her side bag and starts to slowly and carefully engrave symbols into the leather, taking her time not wanting to mess up any symbol, soon she had one done, firmly grasping the handle she activates it, and the spell glowed The blade came to life, flame dancing, in the dim light of the room. Hearingless smiles at this, she removed her hand from the symbol the flame extinguished. She shethed the blade while smiling, "I'll add more later; it's getting real late", She glanced at the clock and saw it nearing 2 at night. As she lays down, she lets sleep take her into its embrace.