Three

Callie

I didn't understand why I went along with Logan's idea. 

Maybe it was so I could make up for being a horrible stepmother 16 years ago. Or maybe it was because I wanted to spend a little bit longer with them before I had to go back to work. I wasn't sure how long it would be until I could see them again after I went back to Los Angeles.

Letting out a breath, I glance at myself in the tall mirror. My eyes travel the length of my body clad in a black satin dress that stops a few inches above my knees. My calves flexed from the red bottom heels on my feet. God, I was attractive, there was never a time I denied it. I turn in the mirror and glance over my shoulder.

There's a knock on the door before it opens, revealing bluish-green irises much similar to her father's. My gaze meets Logan's before her eyes dip down to devour the sight. I try to hide my smile as I turn to her, wondering why she is here. "Is there something you need?" I question.

The brunette's tongue swipes across her lips. Realizing she was staring, she cleared her throat and stepped into the room. I allow myself to ogle her figure. Logan was never used to upscale dinners, I could tell by the dress she wore. In honesty, it was boring compared to her tan crop top from this morning, exposing her belly button piercing.

I frown in displeasure. "Is that what you're wearing?" I question, raising my brows.

Logan glances at herself before frowning. "Sorry that I don't own a pair of red bottoms. I don't know if you've noticed, Callie but you're considerably rich compared to us," she mutters, upset that I insulted her outfit.

"I didn't mean to insult you, Logan," I voice softly, feeling bad for my choice of words.

The young woman sighs as she nods her head. "Uh, Chad wanted to know if he should meet us there or if you'd be willing to pick him up?" she questions. I frown at her words. A man who won't even do things for himself. I scoff, she deserves better. 

If she were my girl, I'd rent a limo and pick her up along with her parents. I roll my eyes internally, upset she was with such a piece of shit. "Chad can meet us there. There is somewhere I'd like for us to go to before we eat," I mutter.

I grab the black handbag from the bed, "Go get your father, I'll go to the car." Logan eyes me, in confusion but doesn't question it as she exits the bedroom. 

Making sure I had my phone and keys, I made my way out of the home and toward my 2012 black Mercedes-Benz CL-class. Unlocking the doors, I climb inside the driver's seat and start the car as I wait patiently for my ex-boyfriend and his daughter.

About five minutes pass before my head lifts to glance at the father and daughter exiting the home. My brows knit together at their outfits. This is what they thought was good for an upscale dinner. My head tilts to the side, knowing they didn't have any proper resources as far as fancy clothes go. 

I was their only hope.

Jamie climbed into the passenger seat as Logan got into the back. "Logan said you wanted to stop somewhere before we head out to eat?" the older brunette questioned, eyes on me as he buckled his seatbelt.

I nod my head with a small smile before doing the same and pulling out of the driveway. Unfortunately, Aunt Phoebe and Uncle Evan wouldn't be able to attend dinner as I had hoped earlier. They had previous engagements they couldn't get out of. 

The car ride to the store is spent listening to Beyonce. Jamie and Logan kept up small talk about what they expected to see at dinner tonight and I found it adorable. The similarities in their personalities were extraordinary.