Eight

Kenzie was thinking about things with her and Iain. She knew how they had kissed. She knew how things were. And it wasn't easy.

She knew that he was Andy's best friend. She knew that Andy was gone. But she did feel as if part of her was betraying him and her head was a mess about it.

Kenzie wasn't stupid as she knew that she and Iain had something. And she did like him but she couldn't help but feel guilty about it all.

She knew they it was all a mess. And that she didn't know what to think.

Kenzie looked to summer and smiled. She knew how it was hard and says she felt as if she couldn't do it but she knew they she had her daughter to think over.

She knew how Summer also didn't have any easy time of things. But she did want to make things work. Even though it was never easy.

Kenzie smiled as she looked to Summer. "Hey. You okay?"

"Yes mummy. I drew pictures," Summer told her.

Kenzie smiled. "I can see that. Who's in this one?" she said as she picked one.

"Me, you and uncle Iain. My daddy gone. But he makes you smile and he's nice like my daddy " Summer said.

Kenzie looked to her and smiled. "Yeah he is," Kenzie said. She knew for her head was a mess.

Especially when her daughter seemed to be picking up on what was going on with her and Iain.

****

Kenzie got to work. She smiled as she saw Amelia. "Hey. Are you okay?" Amelia asked.

Kenzie looked to her and sighed. "Honestly I don't even know. Things are a mess. And I don't like to think about it all. But I need to sort what is going on with me and Iain. I just hate how I feel like a terrible person," she said.

Amelia looked to her and smiled. "It's the guilt. You have nothing to be guilty over. Andy is gone. And it's not as if you have an affair. You developed feelings for the one person ego was there for you and your daughter and that. Well, I think that is great," she said as Kenzie sighed.

She knew Amelia was right. But she knew that she did feel guilty about the whole situation.

"How are things with Fletch?" Kenzie asked as she changed the subject.

"Complicated. I don't know how we're going to make it work after what we did," Amelia said.

Kenzie smiled. "It will be okay."

****

Kenzie walked into the ambulance bay. She saw Iain who looked to her and smiled. "Hey. I feel as if I hardly see you anymore. Are you okay?" He asked.

Kenzie smiled. "Sorry. I have just been sorting stuff out. My head has been a mess over us and all. We need to talk about what is going on," she said.

Iain looked to her and nodded. "I get it. Look I like you Kenzie. I'm not going to deny it. I want to try and make this into something. If you do too," he said as she looked to him and frowned.

She was conflicted. But just what would she decide to do?