Five

Previously;
Iain and Kenzie went back home when it started to rain. Summer was fast asleep in the backseat. Iain turned to look at Kenzie who had fallen asleep too.

In that split second, a truck went crashing into the car sending everything black...
Now;

Iain could hear Summer screaming. He knew she was scared. He didn't want her to be scared. "Summer, it's okay. Uncle Iain is here."

"Mummy!"

Iain looked to see Kenzie. She had bleeding between her legs and a cut head. "Kenz, it's alright. I'm here," Iain said.

***
The paramedics arrived. Iain had managed to get out. Jez came over. "Iain, what's happened?" He asked.

"Car came out of nowhere. Summer is conscious but injured. Kenzie isn't conscious and she's got a bleed between the legs along with an head injury," Iain said.

Jez nodded. "We'll sort this boss. You get yourself checked out."

"I'm fine. Just get them two out," Iain said as he walked over to his car. "It's alright Summer. We're going to help you and mummy now."

***
The Fire service had arrived. Iain had climbed into the back of the car with Summer. Summer held his hand tightly. "I scared," she said.

"Shh. It's alright. I'm here," Iain said.

Thankfully, Iain saw Kenzie moving. He knew she would be okay. "Kenz, its alright. I'm here."

"S-Summer. Where is she?" Kenzie asked as she tried to move.

Iain smiled. "She's here. Don't worry."

***
Kenzie, Iain and Summer had been taken to the ED. Kenzie had a severe pain in her stomach. She was taken straight into Resus along with Summer. Iain stayed by their side the whole time.

Kenzie cried in agony. Connie walked in. "Let's get her to CT and find out what's causing the abdominal pain," she said.

***
Iain sat by Summer's bed. She was asleep. "I promised daddy I'd look after you. Haven't done a very good job have I? You've been hurt in a car accident. Daddy would kick my butt for this," Iain said.

Charlie walked in. He smiled. "How's she doing?"

"She's getting regular checks. She seems fine," Iain said.

***
Kenzie had come back from the CT. She was in tears of pain. Connie smiled. "It's alright. Everything will be fine. I promise."

"It hurts so bad," she sobbed.

***
Summer had woken up. Iain was reading her a story. "Has Mine Mummy gone be angel like my daddy?" She asked.

"Course not. The nice doctors are looking after her. You can see her soon," he said.

Summer giggled and nodded. "Me be upset if me ose my mummy. Me won't has nobody," she said.

"You're never going to lose Mummy. I won't let that happen," Iain said.

Summer grinned. "You love my mummy?"

"She's a friend."

***
Connie walked back in with Kenzie's CT results. She sighed. "Kenzie, I'm so sorry. But the crash has caused a miscarriage," she said.

Kenzie was shocked. She had no idea she was pregnant. She looked at Connie. "How far gone?" She asked.

"I'd say three. There was nothing we could do. I'm so sorry," Connie said.

***
Iain brought Summer into Kenzie. Kenzie held her daughter close. She didn't want to ever let her go again. "I love you so much baby."

"I ove you too mummy."

Iain watched on as mother and daughter cuddled. He couldn't get Summer's words out of his head. Did he love Kenzie?