The Nightmare that i see every night

The image is from Pinterest
(novelist/nightmare x gender neutral reader)
Part 1
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Y/n has been having the same nightmare since they were a child. The nightmare was about them being in a deep forest, it was always so dark and creepy. Y/n never knew what to do in the dreams when they were there for the first time so they explored the area. The forest was beautiful, only the time made it look really scary, not to mention the noises around. Y/n was so scared every time. After some time of exploring they saw 'it', it felt like it was waiting there for them every time. Its head was like a bird but with a mask? It even had long hair. Y/n tried to get away from it every time but never succeeded.
To the future where Y/n is an adult:
Y/n was a detective and loved crime, sadly they had a little problem with money. Well, big one. They got we're doing good in school but after their parents died to tragic accident they didn't had anywhere to stay. They believed that someone must had killed them, their death didn't made any sense, the accident was NOT LOGICAL! Is what they always said. After some time they got kicked out of school and had to love on street. Few months later they got a lette, particularly a strange one. It was invitation to a 'game'? The prize was enough money to pay their debt and clues for the death of their parents.
After y/n arrived to the manor:
Y/n was tired and really hungry from not having enough money to afford food. The we're waiting in front of the manor looking at it. "What a strange looking place. The surroundings feel nostalgic, I don't know why." They murmured the last part. After that they knocked on the door, a lady opened it. She looked like a doctor. "Oh, you must be the new survivor. Come in!" She said happy yet calm. SURVIVOR?! They thought in the head. Im just deaf enough to not understand her. It couldn't be survivor, RIGHT!? The doctor turned around before entering a door. "By the way my name is Emily, welcome to the manor. I will lead you to the kitchen, there you will eat some food and maybe meet some other people." She says turning back to the door. She opens it and reveals quiet a big kitchen. "Go to the dinning area, I will bring you some food." Y/n went to the dinning area. It was really big area and there was only one person. A man with brown hair and a monocle, he looked fancy. He was eating a soup. Y/n sat down by the table far away from him, they didn't wanted to make any interaction yet not even with someone who might look at them down like if they were a piece of trash. A lady with straw hat entered the room, she had a toll box with her. After she took a look around she glanced at you. "Oh my! Are you the new survivor?" She airs happily. So I heard right. What a strange way to call me. "Yes, yes I am." They say calmly. "Emma, I'm the gardener here. Is there any chance you've seen my friend Emily?" She asks curiously. While she's asking Emily enters the room with two plates. There is bean soup in one and schnitzel with mashed potatoes in the other one. "Hi Emma. Btw new one I figured that you would be hungry so here is your food." She places the plates in front of them. "Oh, Orpheus you're still here?" She asks the person on the other end of the table. "Yes, I'm on my way to leave." He says standing up, leaving his plate behind. "He was never a welcoming person I guess." Says Emma, "Emily come with me, you need to see the flowers!" She says cheerfully grabbing her hand. "Alright, alright. I will go now new one." She says looking at you, "Your room is number 303. If you will need something I'm in room 022 or the medic room." After that Y/n is left in the room alone.
After they ate the food
Y/n went looking for their room. It took them some time to find it, the manor was like a maze. While they were looking they've met some other people, like Mike, Helena and Vera. They were all kind to them but Mike was pain the a$$. After they entered the room they were amazed by the look of it. It was so big, even bigger than their childhood room. They took look at the clock. "It's so late I should get some rest." And went to sleep. They had the nightmare again but the monster wasn't there. The one called Orpheus was. He was so far away, standing calmly, like if he knew what was coming. Then there was smoke, it was some kind of dark green shade and I count see him. After the smoke went away he wasn't there, they heard noise coming from behind them. There was the same cloud of smoke but after revealing who was there they saw monster. Y/n was frozen in place and ran away. What the fuck happened! What happened to mr Orpheus. Why him out of all people that I just met?! Y/n was running from the monster but couldn't escape, they were slower than it. After the monster was really close they woke up sweating. "What is the meaning behind this.." they said lost in their thoughts. After calming down they took a look at the clock and it was 4 in the morning. I might get some water now since I'm awake. The kitchen isn't so far away luckily. They thought, as they grabbed a candle and lit it up. They left the room to the hallway, it was really dark even with the candle. It took them around 8 minutes to find the kitchen door. When they opened it they saw someone already sitting inside. It was Orpheus. "I see that I'm not the only one who is awake early this morning. My name is Orpheus, you must be the new survivor here." He said holding a cup of coffee in his hand. You were staring at him a bit, he looked amazing, even in his pyjamas. (I'm not high, I swear) You caught yourself and stop staring at him. "I'm sorry, the lack of sleep and the new people here is messing up with my mind. My name is Y/n, Y/n L/n, it's pleasure to meet you." You say heading to the cabinet looking for glasses. You saw them and took one, then you poured some water in it. "Well I will go to my room now. Good night mr Orpheus." They say slowly leaving with candle in one hand and glass of water in the other one trying not to pour it on the floor. Orpheus placed his cup of coffee down and went to open the door for you. "Good night mx Y/n." He says as you leave. (Im assuming that it's for gender neutral person, idk and idc I'm not going to google it right now, I saw it in royals high) "Thank you, mr Orpheus." After that you go to your room successfully without spilling your drink and go to sleep.
Skip to the morning bc I'm lazy:  (your pov? I suck at this)
You woke up to hearing a knock on your door. "Come in." You say trying to sit down while you're awake. You saw someone new in the door, she looked stunning. "Hi, I'm Patricia. You must be Y/n, I'm here to tell you to get ready. You're going to have your first match today." She says placing some clothes on your bed next to you. "This clothes is for you, wear them for the match. " she says heading to the door. "I will wait in the hallway for you so I can show you where the match will begin." And then she leaves. You were confused but still you dressed up into the clothes and went to the hallway seeing Patricia.
..................
End of part 1
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
I'm sorry for making this into more than one part I'm just tired and I don't think that I will be able to complete it today since it is 10:16 for me right now.
I'm terribly sorry if the story sounds kinda messy I will make sure to work on the second part and making it better.
Should I write this into a separate book? I feel like it has some potential and I got more details in my head.
I'm posting only part 1 to say sorry that nothing else is out, but don't be sad I have like 5 or more one shots on the way. I just need to finish them first...