Sophie and Biana ✧ 3

The light of Atlantis shined around them, glittering towers looming above them as Biana pulled her through the streets. She was pulled into a secluded corner, an area between two glittering buildings.

The space was cramped, and Sophie's chest pressed against Biana's back. Sophie blushed at the contact, and hesitantly put a hand on Biana's shoulder as they winded through the constricted alleyway.

The path at the end began to widen, and suddenly, they were in a gorgeous garden, full of light and nature and flowers, flowers everywhere.

Biana took her hand once again, and led her over to a bench. Sophie could now clearly see a shimmering fountain at the center of this garden, surrounded by neatly trimmed hedges of leaves and flower bushes. Trees scattered across the pavement, and a path of pebble and stone circled the entire area, leading right into the center, the center where the fountain was.

They sat at a bench, tucked into the side. The shade of a tree covered them, but it was already past sunset.

Biana turned to her with a soft smile. "I wanted to show you this place today... it's pretty, isn't it?"

Sophie turned back to the grand garden, and nodded, it truly was a breathtaking sight. But the most breathtaking, of all these tulips and roses and scents of flowers and home was Biana Vacker herself. She basked in the light, standing out among the rows and rows of nature and grass. Her teal eyes quirked upwards with a smile that had Sophie panting.

Biana leaned her head on Sophie's shoulder, and butterflies swarmed in Sophie's stomach as she caught a whiff of the brunette's shampoo. Her hair smelled of lavender and lilac, and maybe a hint of vanilla. She leaned closer, her nose nuzzling into Biana's head, but Biana didn't seem to mind, simply scooting a little closer until their sides were pressed together.

Biana's hand grabbed hers, and Sophie would never get used to the feeling of their fingers intertwined, but she wasn't complaining. Biana's touch had her heart soaring high into the sky, and made her feel like the only girl on Earth, the only girl in Biana's eyes.

But... they were just friends.

This all... meant nothing.

Sophie's emotions moved to her throat. Her nose burned and her eyes watered and her head hurt. Those emotions tight themselves into a knot so tight that Sophie couldn't force any words through. It felt as though someone was squeezing her throat with ribbon, squeezing so hard she couldn't make out any language.

A hand shook her shoulder. Her eyes opened with a snap, and her cheeks flushed.

She blinked a few times. Once. Twice.

Biana was face to face with her, and the butterflies swarmed even more now. Biana looked at her with concern and worry.

"Are you okay? You weren't responding to me." she said, and Sophie cursed herself for worrying the girl of her dreams.