Tam and Keefe ✧ 3

The items lay out across the countertop, and Keefe leans against the refrigerator as he watches Tam carelessly toss out multiple ingredients and substances out of the wooden cupboards that lined the wall, over the kitchen counters. They hit the table with loud thumps, far too deafening for the quiet room.

"So, what are we making?" Keefe asks.

"Mallowmelt," Tam says, without ripping his gaze from the shelves of ingredients. Keefe beams.

"I hope you know how to make these, because I don't have any clue how to bake."

Tam scoffs, but it lacked its usual malice. "Don't worry, I've got it covered."

The raven head jumps down from the chair he was standing on, motioning for Keefe to come over with a swift movement of his fingers. Keefe smiles, making his way next to Tam as the boy lays the ingredients out.

"Hold on, I've got a cookbook here somewhere..." he trails off, ducking into one of the lower cabinets and sifting through it, "-here it is!"

He sets the cookbook down, pushing it into Keefe's hands. "Find the mallowmelt recipe," he says, more of a demand than anything else, but Keefe is happy to comply. Tam turns to the oven, pressing dozens of buttons that Keefe can't understand (he always hated cooking, and never bothered learning even the basics).

Tam's eyes reach over the counter for a metal baking pan, right as Keefe's fingers flip open to the page they're looking for. "Here it is," he tells Tam, and Tam looks over his shoulder at the words printed across the page.

And in truth, Keefe wasn't paying attention to the recipe at all, and if he wasn't distracted before, he sure was now.

In his defense, how would you be able to focus when your crush (as much as he tries to deny it), was peering over your shoulder, with their chest pressed against your back, and hand on your arm?

It was also pretty adorable how Tam had to tip-toe slightly to see over Keefe's shoulder.

Keefe looks away, praying Tam didn't notice the redness of his cheeks, or the sweat that was currently sliding down his nape.

Tam pulls away after a while, and Keefe admits he's disappointed from the loss, the loss of the figure against his body.

"Keefe, can you pass me the oil?" Tam asks, and Keefe is glad for the voice in the silent room that broke him out of his trance, despite the fact that Tam's feather-light tone brought out a whole other fluttery feeling in his gut.

Keefe reaches for the bottle, and Tam's fingers brush against his as he takes it.

Keefe would like to say they're having a moment, but his subconscious was definitely being too delusional.