𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

★★★

★★★

It was already late at night, the moon casting a dim glow on the quiet streets outside. I was just about to settle into bed, when my phone suddenly rang, jolting me out of my sleepy daze. Groggily, I picked it up to see a number I didn't recognize.

Confused and slightly concerned, I answered the call, my voice filled with a hint of worry. "Hello? Who is this?"

The voice on the other end sounded anxious, hurried even. "Hey, is this Deja? I'm Carter, your brother's friend. Sorry to bother you at this hour, but Javon is drunk and needs someone to pick him up."

I sighed heavily, pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration. Javon antics always managed to throw a wrench in my plans, but family came first. I knew I couldn't leave my brother stranded, especially in his inebriated state.

Taking a deep breath, I replied, my voice is more determined now. "Alright, Carter. Give me the address, and I'll be there as soon as possible. Is he okay?"

Carter sighed with relief, sounding relieved that I was willing to help, which it didn't matter if I was mad with Javon I would always be there for him. "Thanks, Deja. I'll text you the address right away. And, well, he's not in the best condition, but he's conscious. I just want to get him home safely."

I pulled on a pair of jeans and slipped into a hoodie, my mind filled with memories of similar late-night rescues. Grabbing my car keys and my trusty travel mug filled with coffee, I stepped out into the cool night air with a resigned determination.

As I made my way to the car, my phone received Carter's message with the address. Hastily, I plugged it into the GPS, silently praying for a smooth ride. I drove through the quiet streets, the familiar sights passing by in a blur, my mind wandered to the countless times I had come to Javon aid. It was a frustrating cycle, but he was my brother, and I would always be there for him, regardless of how often he put himself in these predicaments.

Arriving at the given location, I spotted Carter, standing near a dimly lit corner, waving his arms to catch my attention. Pulling up beside him, I rolled down the window, and he quickly directed me to where Javon was slouched against a brick wall, looking disheveled and confused.

I stepped out of the car, my slightly cold heart breaking at the sight of my brother in such a vulnerable state again. "Javon, it's me," I said softly, crouching down beside him. His glazed eyes struggled to focus on my face, and his speech was slurred as he attempted to speak. It was evident that he was heavily intoxicated.

As I helped him to his feet, I could see Carter watching with concern. "Help me take him to the car," He quickly jumped into action and we supported Javon, his lanky frame nearly collapsing against me as we guided him towards the car.

With each step, I couldn't help but think about all the times he had been there for me, and now it was my turn to be there for him.

We carefully maneuvered Javon into the backseat, making sure he was as comfortable as possible. I turned towards, Carter and thanked him. "I'll call you ba-," I hear my brother say, slurring on his words.

I noticed Carter seemed to hesitate to leave. I sent him a smile to which he returned one back. "Okay, you do that. I'll see you tomorrow Javon," And with that he left. With haste I turned to my brother, who was now staring at me, with a pain expression on his face. "When did you have time to finally make friends??"

"Shut the fuck up," I laughed at his defensiveness. "Now I can see why your ass was so eager to move down here,"

"Shut up, Deja before I puke all over you," He says, making vomiting sounds to which I gagged.

"You better the fuck not, Javon or I swear I will fuck you up more in the morning when you're sober," he chuckles, groan, his face turning pale as if he was about to puke.

Oh fuck. I quickly walked in the direction of the house where the party was still in full swing. Once inside, I was blinded by the flashing, lights, and with manners I asked for excused as I tried to find the way to the kitchen.

It took me a while to find the kitchen, when I did I silently prayed that Javon hadn't puked in the car, cause I swear if he did, a bitch finna killed somebody.

Literally.

I quickly grabbed a red plastic cup, and filled it with some water, and left the kitchen. As I was turning, I bumped into a hard chest, causing me to spill the water. "Fuck, man watch where your going!" I yelled at whoever it was, as I looked down at my drench night shirt.

"Shit, I'm so sorry," I looked up angrily, and at that moment our eyes locked.

In that moment all the anger left my body, and I stood still. It was as if the world around us had been put on pause.

It took me just two seconds to know who this was.

Especially after stalking his Instagram growing up.

I was curious.

"Cameron,"

"Friends for life?" I said putting out my pinky finger, Cameron stared at my pinky finger with a smile on his face and he hooked our pinky. "Friends for life,"

"You promise?" I asked.

"I promise,"

"Deja?"

★★★

🫶🏽

𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐃𝐨𝐥𝐥 On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara