Prologue

Following the events at the LaRusso house that afternoon, Lainey didn't speak to her father for months.

Eli was the one who was always there for her, so that's the way it remained. Her siblings and mom were always by her side, of course.

Eli and Amanda attended the first scan with Lainey where they found out they were going to have a little girl. Lainey did get emotional over the fact her father wasn't around to experience these milestones with them, but that's why she attended therapy.

Most of her sessions revolved around her father and the way he made her feel. But she decided to try to not let it get to her. Doctor Miller was a great support throughout the entire process, often guiding Lainey with journal entries and how to deal with her feelings. It did help, but no matter what — There was always a hole that remained. Her father's absence had done damage. But she remained strong.

Trying to complete high school whilst pregnant was a challenge, but she made it. 

She graduated - Despite all the looks she had gotten, and the names she had been called. She decided to rise above the hate.

She attended the ceremony but didn't hang around knowing her father was there. Instead, Eli, Josie, Mike and her had a family dinner to celebrate. And that was the evening she went into labour... In the middle of their dinner, her waters broke and she was rushed to the hospital. Josie drove them, Mike was there too. Eli and Lainey were in the backseat together.

When the baby was born, Daniel tried to reach out to his daughter— but she decided she wanted nothing to do with him.

So, now here she was — A seventeen year old mom who worked in a nursery to be able to afford childcare.

Eli juggled college and a part time job at an auto repair shop – Daniel's job offer at LaRusso Auto remained but Eli thought it would be unwise to accept an offer from the man who crushed his girlfriend, so he politely declined Mr LaRusso's offer.