The one

Note: Previously titled (Resemblance)

First published November 18, 2023

Republished: December 09, 2023

Sorry, I just had to make some revisions on this one.

***

Caitlin

"Darling, okay ka lang?" Bea asked facing me with a concerning look.

"Ha? Okay lang. Bakit?" Am I spacing out again? Sa pagod na din siguro. I leaned my head as Bea drives placing her one hand on the stirring wheel and the other holding my right hand. Binaling na n'ya ulit ang tingin n'ya sa daan.

"Kanina pa kasi ako nagsasalita babe but apparently, you're not with me." She pouted. Nagtatampo ba s'ya? I sat up.

"Sorry na, Ano ba 'yon?" I let out a soft laugh.

"Wala. Pero mukhang ikaw may gustong sabihin. Ang lalim ng iniisip mo. What's bothering you ba?" She gave me a glance through the mirror up infront of us as she was trying to read what's on my mind.

"Babe kase. Kanina do'n sa family gathering n'yo. Several times na may nakapagsabi sa 'kin na I have a huge resemblance daw with your ex. Akala nga daw nila that I was that girl. Jho ba 'yon name? I forgot. Are we not look-alike, are we?" I saw her furrowed her brows with what I've said.

This is not the first time naman. Her friends once mentioned nga na kahawig/kamukha ko daw 'yong ex n'ya. Even the fans, Halos nakikita 'ko sa mga comment sa videos namin or videos ko which are edited and uploaded by the fans, 'yon ang sinasabi at marami pang iba. Hindi pa ba ako sanay?

Pero ngayon, it suddenly bothers me somehow. I admit, it's really a bit upsetting kahit pinipilit kong balewalain and I don't know how to make myself out of this predicament I'm in.

"So, what's the big deal? Babe, mas maganda ka naman do'n, Don't worry" She chuckled. I gave him a slap on her arm.

"Ouch naman, babe!"

"Eh, Hindi naman 'yon. Ano kase.." Should I ask? I was biting my lower lip contemplating whether to ask her or not at the same time trying the best I can not to make her upset. Suddenly the traffic light turned red. She faced me again as the car stopped.

"Kase?"

"Wala. Nevermind na." I said trying to sound normal. "Nagugutom na siguro ako. Can we go through a drive-thru?McDo sana" Sabi ko hoping I could get away with this. I want to keep this innocuous feeling of our relationship the best possible way I know.

"Pwede naman. Sige. I am starving too" She replied. "But, are you really okay babe? Uhmm let's just put a pin in it for now."

Buti naman at hindi na n'ya ko kinulit pa.

When we reached our unit, I quickly unlocked the door and went in as Bea following me behind with our stuffs. I took off my slippers and

As soon as she took off her footwear and nailapag na n'ya 'yong mga gamit namin, she came to me and held my hand pulling me up to stand. Though puzzled with her acts, I obliged as I smiled back at her. With her left hand placed on my hip and the other intertwined with one hand, we swayed to dance.

She meaningfully looked into my eyes, pecked my lips and spun me around. She really is a kind of book that you can't put down once you started reading. I really love this clingy and sweet side of her. Moments like this with her makes me feel buzzing.