Lucky you!

Do you actually believe in luck?

It is somewhat similar to those esoteric beliefs that we have like soulmates.

What if, you already found your luck but there is an underlying circumstance that you must follow. Will you stick to adhering to it? Even if it means heartbreak for you.

Bea

"Go, Beabell! C'mon! " I said whispering cheering for the horse which I own and had been taking care of to join horse races for almost a year now.

Unlucky for me, she seems to be losing again this time as three horses are already ahead of her towards the finish line.

And there! The horse on the 7th track was the first one to made it to the finish line followed by the other 2 horses..

"Dude! Talo ka na naman!" Deanna teases. She's my bestie since High School. We made a bet. Apparently, nanalo na naman ang isang Deanna Wong!

"Oo na! You won! So, is it just fair enough for you to treat us coffee this time?" I routed my gaze at her and moved my brows up and down playfully.

"Ay, hindi ate Bei. Ang usapan ay usapan" She countered.

"Minalas ka na naman 'te Bei! Si mister pa kasi sinasama mo at nakikipagpustahan ka pa eh!" Thang chimed in to our conversation. She's my older cousin and a friend of mine at the same time "May balat 'yan sa p'wet nakita ko!" she jokingly said as she burst out laughing.

"Hoy, mister! Ikaw kaya 'yong may balat sa p'wet sa 'ting dalawa" Deanna snorts

Is it really all about luck?

Or maybe things are already destined to happen and it's just a matter of where and when.

"Ate Bei? Hooyyy! Lutang?" Thang.

"Sorry, ano 'yon?" I asked as quickly as I came back to my senses. To the reality. Okay, I zoned out.

"Kita mo 'to. Kanina pa kami daldal ng daldal dito, hindi ka pala nakikinig!" Thang grumbIed. I took my cash out of my wallet and handed it over to Deanna. I think five (5) thousand is already a big amount for me to lose. Most especially now, I badly have to save our properties from being sold and to pay off the mortgage on our house. "Sabi ni Deanna, sasamahan ka daw n'ya sa lugar nila sa Binondo." She stated.

"Hanap tayo ng mabisang pampaswerte. They're selling all kinds of lucky charms there. Gusto mo, we can consult to a fortune teller, too." Deanna suggested and hooked her arms on my shoulder pulling me slightly towards her. My eyes spotted and suddenly glued on the cash I handed to her just a few minutes ago for a moment. I inevitably let out a sigh. Kailangan ko 'yon eh.

"Fine. Kailangan ko 'yong effective talaga, ha?" I respond. Maybe I should give it a shot.

"Libre mo muna kaya kami, Mister" Thang

"Yeah, right. Manlibre ka naman" Pag sang-ayon ko kay Thang.

Well, wala namang masama to believe with some sort of things like what they call, mga "pampaswerte" or lucky charms. Especially sa mga chinese..

Aside from astrology (horoscopes and fortune reading, they also believe in Feng Shui. So you know, to get your surroundings aligned with who you are and where you want to be (wishes and dreams) and everything in your favor-to harmonize your energy with your environment's energy. They believe that would attract positive energy and eventually, good luck.