( ☁️ ) ━━━ ❝ rises the moon ❞

ೋ❀❀ೋ═══ • ═══ೋ❀❀ೋ

ೋ❀❀ೋ═══ • ═══ೋ❀❀ೋ

Ryōsuke's just finished lunch when one of the household servants approaches him to tell him that Hoshino Ophelia had decided to pay him a rather unexpected visit.

The news almost shatters the mature, professional mask he's perfected over the years in an instant, but he manages to catch himself before it can. Ophelia was here? Now? If she had wanted to visit, could she have at least let him know beforehand?! His father's mansion was not a mess by any means─the man wouldn't allow such a thing, given their name. Still, though, a warning would have served nicely so that the chefs could prepare some pastries to eat, and the maids would have had time to prepare the playroom further to ensure prime entertainment for their special guest.

Ryōsuke inhales deeply through his nose and stands still as a butler nearby comes over to pat his clothes down and tidy his hair. Even if he himself was sure that he looked perfectly fine to be presentable, it's not like there was a problem with double checking to be completely sure.

This is fine, he thinks as he's led to the front of the house, where Ophelia awaits. I am Ryōsuke Haruhiko. I am a servant to a Hoshino. There is nothing that I can not handle. I have been trained for this my whole life.

Ryōsuke takes another deep breath through his nose and then paints a smile upon his lips. Everything is okay. I am fine.

Before him, the two large doors that seperate him from the little princess standing on the other side open, and there she stands: bathed in the light of the sun shining down upon her from the glass stained windows his father had been so proud of upon their completion and installment.

Ophelia meets his gaze. He continues to smile, his hands poised behind his back, and as always, the girl doesn't hesitate to smile back.

"My parents gave me permission to leave the house to see you, Ryō." She draws closer and wraps her arms around his neck before he can even blink, trapping him in what he thinks, for a moment, may have been the warmest embrace he's ever recieved in his entire life.

"I'm really happy to see you," she says, as if she wasn't still trapped; as if she didn't realize this was merely an extension of her parents' cage, now more enforced with her loyal knight by her side.

Ophelia is smarter than most believe, though, and that's why Ryōsuke feels his polite smile turn into something realer when he slowly hugs her back and responds, "Me, too, princess."

* * * * *

When the maids offer to lead the two children to the playroom, Ophelia surprises them (she was on a roll today, really) by saying that she would prefer it if they took her and Ryōsuke to the ballroom, please.