Chapter 488 - Face Slapping!

Tang Wulin shook his head. “Probably, but it wouldn’t be good for me as a soul master to take a shortcut.”  

Zhuo Shi pressed his lips together, his expression stony. “Alright. But Wulin, just don’t bite off more than you can chew. Especially when it comes to cultivation. I don’t know who your uncle-master is, but you don’t need to take his words too seriously. Blacksmithing is the hardest of the four main professions. The difference becomes even more apparent when you get to the later ranks. That’s also why there’s only one Divine Blacksmith in the world right now. You need to focus on establishing a firm foundation. Don’t put too much faith in the praise others give you. Understood?” 

“Yes.” Tang Wulin dared not say anything more to Zhuo Shi’s displeased face. 

Suddenly, a barking laugh sounded. “Zhuo Shi you old fool! I have arrived!” In walked Feng Wuyu. 

Tang Wulin wasted no time in standing up and bowing. “Teacher.” 

Feng Wuyu waved him off. “You stinkin’ brat! You should have visited me first when you got back instead of this nest for old codgers. What can a clueless fool like that teach you?” 

A loud slam. Tang Wulin whipped his head to the direction of the sound, eyes widening at the small dent on the table top beneath Zhuo Shi’s palm. “You crazy bastard! You trying to start shit? How am I clueless? You better watch your mouth in front of my granddisciple. Don’t you dare spite me or I’ll kick your ass out of here!”

Feng Wuyu snorted. “You don’t need to bullshit with me. Tell me, do you know who Wulin’s uncle-master is?” 

Zhuo Shi scowled. “How would I know who his uncle-master is? Probably just one of your senior brothers. Wait, do you even have any?”

“Nope. In fact, Wulin’s uncle-master is a generation younger than us.” 

“Then was I wrong? A talented kid like Wulin doesn’t need excessive praise. I’ll beat that guy’s ass if he’s leading Wulin astray. Now enough with this farce. If you don’t have anything important to say or do then leave. I’m losing my appetite just looking at you,” Zhuo Shi said, mouth twisted into a scowl.

Feng Wuyu smirked. “I’ll leave when I want to leave. Right after I give you a good slap to the face. By the way, Wulin has another teacher too. His name’s Mu Chen. You know of him, right?” He took a step forward, not even blinking in the face of Zhuo Shi’s irritation. “He was the President of the Eastsea Blacksmith’s Association branch and an eighth-rank Saint Blacksmith. He has a senior brother who is the uncle-master Wulin was talking about. Hmm. If I remember correctly, his name was Zhen Hua or something like that. Right, Wulin?” 

Tang Wulin looked between his teacher, then to his grandteacher. He didn’t dare utter a word. 

“So what about this Zhen Hua, he’s ju—” Zhuo Shi’s eyes went wide, his breathing ragged. Zhen Hua? Divine Blacksmith Zhen Hua? If it’s that Zhen Hua, then who else could judge a blacksmith better than him?

Feng Wuyu patted his own cheeks, feeling for the upward tug of his lips, the muscles forming his cheeks. “Ooh! Now that feels good. How about your face, Old Zhuo? Does it hurt?”

“Screw off!” Zhuo Shi shouted, sending a punch at Feng Wuyu.

Feng Wuyu chuckled, catching the fist in his hand effortlessly. The two began brawling on the spot, throwing punches back and forth.