Chapter 556 - A Year's Separation

Once he returned to campus, Tang Wulin immediately rented a specialized cultivation room.

He meditated and inspected his body, scanning for any changes. After cultivating until the next morning, he still hadn’t been able to find any changes!  Not a single one. It was as if he hadn’t absorbed the Tyrant Dragon.

Tang Wulin couldn’t make heads or tails of the situation. But there was nothing he could do about it. He was a bit nervous about the Spirit Pagoda’s reaction to this event, but he was just as powerless against them.

Once he had finished cultivating his Purple Demon Eyes at the break of dawn, Tang Wulin ran into Gu Yue while on his way to the dining hall for breakfast. He asked her about the Spirit Pagoda’s response to what had happened with the Tyrant Dragon, and she told him not to worry about it. The Spirit Pagoda wouldn’t do anything to him.

Don’t worry about it? Tang Wulin’s mind wandered astray as he walked with Gu Yue to class. Are they really not going to say anything? They just lost a Tyrant Dragon!

They soon entered their classroom and took their seats. A moment later, Wu Zhangkong ascended the platform at the front of the class and took his place behind the lectern. “Let’s begin class.”

“Rise!” Tang Wulin called out in response, shooting to his feet along with the rest of his classmates to salute their teacher.

“Before we get into the main topic of the day, I have an announcement. Tang Wulin, Gu Yue, Xie Xie, Xu Xiaoyan, Xu Lizhi, and Ye Xinglan, today is your last day of class. You have tomorrow off to rest, then the day after you will depart for Star Luo on the exchange trip. I will be in charge of the exchange group, so today will also be the last class I teach for the next year.

“While Tang Wulin and Gu Yue are gone, Wu Siduo and Luo Guixing will act as the substitute class president and vice-president respectively. Yang Nianxia will be a vice-president as well, and fill in as blacksmith representative…” Wu Zhangkong declared the rest of organizational changes for the class, ensuring that chaos would not ensue once the class leaders left.

Although everyone knew that Tang Wulin’s group would be leaving soon, they didn’t truly comprehend it until Wu Zhangkong’s announcement. The time of departure was upon them. Their class president would be gone for a full year. Only a few were envious of him, though. This was because they all believed Shrek Academy to be the greatest place in the world to cultivate. An exchange trip abroad was a wonderful opportunity to gain experience and broaden one’s horizons, but it did not provide any benefits to one’s cultivation.

After class, Wu Siduo approached to Tang Wulin. “You better not let me surpass you in a year.”

Tang Wulin smiled wryly. “I’ll be looking forward to the day you do.”

Yang Nianxia came over with the other rankers and put his hand on Tang Wulin’s shoulder in a brotherly manner. “Class President, leave the blacksmiths to me. Rest assured, I will guide them properly.”

Tang Wulin faked a cough and gave a strained smile. “You’re the one guiding them most of the time anyway. You should have been the blacksmith representative to begin with.”  In truth, Tang Wulin had been ignoring his duties as blacksmith representative since long ago. He was far too focused on advancing his own blacksmithing skills to care for others. But no one in his class complained since he often accepted forging requests for free or a negligible fee. Furthermore, all of his products were top-tier. In the past two years, he had shown his value to his classmates and raised his prestige to an unshakeable height. None dared challenge his position anymore.

Off to the side, Luo Guixing stared crestfallen at Tang Wulin. “I wanted to go on the trip too,” he said to himself, so soft that only those around him could hear. “Ever since I was young I’ve dreamed of traveling to see the world. I never would have thought you guys would be one step ahead of me.” His gaze hardened with determination. “Just you wait until I graduate. I’ll definitely explore the world too.”