24: In which a chapter is closed { Dereks POV }

Derek's POV

A baby. A real human being that was going to be half mine. Wow.

" Caro , go I'll be fine." Mia persisted , motioning for me to go on to my meeting. I didn't think I could , not knowing she was going to be working herself to the bone , refusing to stop.

I should have known that Mia wasn't the type of girl to just sit around all day like a good little housewife. I think it's better that she's got some fire , it simply makes it harder to argue with her. She's as stubborn as they come.
Markos idea of a pre-nup could go straight to hell. I was never letting Mia Valentine Cavelli slip through my fingers.

***

I didn't even know the baby yet and I had already went on a warpath of security.
Nobody was getting through that door. I would be damned if someone hurt my family.

" You're sure your okay ?" I asked , being the independent person she was there wasn't the slightest doubt in my mind that Mia was going to do exactly what she wanted , disregarding all safety. It was one of the hazards of falling in love with a free spirit.

" For the last time , yes." She stressed , the underlined irritation didn't go unnoticed.

" I'm pregnant. I haven't broken both my legs."
Even with the heavy sarcasm i found myself grinning , she was the only woman who had ever stood up to me. Mia had a backbone.

How the fuck was I supposed to intimidate people when all I can think about is Mia ? The dopey love look on my face wasn't going to help my seal any deals.

" Problems with the missus ?" Marco asked , walking out of the dark corner , approaching me quickly.

" Mind your own business." I snapped.

He simply grinned ,
" Unfortunately mi fratello , I can't mind my own business." Sitting opposite of me , taking a drink of his beer before asking what I knew he had been dying to since he moment I walked in , " What are you even doing here ?

I rolled my eyes at him , " I'm checking up on the place."

He gave me a mock offended look , " You don't trust me ?"

A deadpan expression made it's way onto my face , " Not as far as I can throw you."

He smiled again , although this time it was a wry , mocking smile ,
" Your breaking my heart."

I might have felt bad if I knew that everything he said wasn't complete and utter bullshit. But then again I probably wouldn't have felt bad.

The bastard practically breathes crooked , if he wasn't so important to the business I would have had him killed years ago.

***

" Baby , what the fuck are you doing ?"

That crazy woman of mine was standing on the counter , dancing to her hearts content. If I hadn't known any better I would say she was higher than a kite , yet the rational side of my brain knew that she wouldn't do anything to hurt the baby.

" Derek ? Come on ! Join me !" She squealed , turning the music up to full blast.

What's worse is that I did join her. The things I do for that woman ...

Exhausted , we both collapsed onto the couch , me grabbing her by the waist and pulling her onto my lap.

" I know it's soon but I have my first doctors appointment tomorrow."
An excited grin worked it's way onto my face ,
" That's great baby , what time ?"

" I don't know , you wanna come with me ?"

She looked up at me through her lashes , a cute pout settling on her lips.

I kissed the top of her head , " Of course I do."

***

The little , almost unnoticeable blob had me transfixed.

The picture was blurry , and the doctor said it would be a while before we would get even a mildly noticeable picture.

The second the doctor printed it off for us , I knew I wasn't about to trade the picture for all the money in the world.

" Isn't he just so cute ?" I asked Mia , smiling at the blob that would be a baby. I still couldn't wrap my mind around that.

" You mean she." Mia amended , saying it as because she said the baby would be a girl , that the baby had to be a girl.

" No , I mean he. The baby is going to be a boy."

Mia threw a glare at me , " Girl." She ground out.

I smiled at her annoyance , finding it cute. She was like a rilled up kitten , just twenty times scarier.
" Boy."

I didn't even really care what sex the baby was , however I did like annoying Mia. When she was mad her chest would rise up and down , her eyes would flare and mine times out of ten we would have angry sex. The other one percent of the time I would get the silent treatment for a while.

So worth it.

It had occurred to me more man once that me and Mia were never going to get the happily ever after , it wasn't in either of our veins. We just weren't made to be the prince and princess couple. We were going to be the couple that had more cuts and scrapes than a professional wrestler. The ones that would very well die for the other. And we were going to be the ones who made our Un- fairytale work out. Because what exactly is the point in living if you can't be with the person you love ?

•¥• FINISHED •¥•