Chapter 25: A plot!

Guys, it is a miracle. I actually decided how I am going to end this story! I finally figured out the plot and how to tie everything together! I did change the end of Tony's chapter before this because I realized if Nick Fury was mid- twenties when Tony was a kid then he would be too old now. 

So, if you want to reread the end of the chapter you can, or just know that a random agent asked Tony if he knew anything about his dad and that was it. 

I always loved showing new campers around and Peter was no different. He gaped at every new thing we came across. At the Pegasi. He let out a soft "wow" as one of the Pegasus took off to the sky with a camper on its back, white wings flapping majestically. He seemed a little nervous about the sword arena, which 11 year old Harley running past with heat seeking, exploding ninja stars did not help. Surprisingly, he seemed excited by the rock climbing wall.

" Do you like climbing?" I asked Peter as we walked to the next stop on the tour, the cabins. He looked at me in surprise and I elaborated, "you seem to be interested in the climbing wall.". I noticed his shoulders slump as he seemed to relax.

Man, this guy might need therapy even more than me.

" I like climbing trees," He said awkwardly. I nodded, not knowing how to respond to that. We approached the cabin, and I gestured at them, glad for the talking piece.

"And here are the cabins." I pointed to the first cabin on my left. It was ringed with colorful flowers around even more colorful walls. On the top of the roof, pipes sprayed a fine mist that made a rainbow.On the front steps a package of cupcakes with the label R.O.L.F. were untouched.Butch nodded as we approached.

"This is the Iris Cabin," I told Peter, "and this is Butch, her son.Iris is the god of rainbows and communication."

Peter gave Butch a nervous wave so small it could have been a twitch, I guess, Butch did have that ability. He looked like he could head-butt a rhino and win.I quickly started walking to the next cabin.

"That reminds me," I pulled a golden drachma out of my pocket and handed it to Peter. "Next time you need to tell me something, throw this into some mist and ask Iris to grant you a favor to see me. Whatever you do, don't use your phone."

Peter took the coin, cautiously flipping it over in his hands as we reached the next cabin.

"Here's the Hypnos cabin." The cabin was a light shade of blue. It somehow seemed calm. I could feel my heartbeat slowing as I stood close to it. " Hypnos is the god of sleep and memory. Be careful getting on his kid's bad side. They usually don't get involved with pranks, but a Hephestas kid once made an indestructible alarm clock that followed them around and woke them up every hour. The poor guy forgot how to tie his shoes and he had to ask somebody to tie his shoes until he learned again." Peter gave a slight laugh at that, and I smiled. It was nice to say something that didn't seem to make Peter scared.

" Come on," I said, picking up my pace and waved at Peter to follow. "There's a lot more cabins left."

By the time I finished the tour, I had worked up quite an appetite.Unfortunately, the dining pavilion only served meals, and it was hard to sneak a handful of grapes out of the dining pavilion to save for later. Luckily, Travis Stoll had showed me where Mr. D kept his stash of junk food in exchange for a favor.

I'm gonna go grab a snack." I told Peter as I turned to the big house. "If you want, I can get you a spot to sleep in the Hermes cabin, or I can get you a ride home."

"I think I might head home," Peter replied, then hesitated, "Thanks for showing me around. It is nice knowing I have a, um, place."

"You're always welcome at camp. Most kids spend their summers here." I pulled another dracma out of my pocket and flipped it to Peter. "If you want the ride of your life throw this into the air and call for the gray sisters"

"Whatever you do, do not step on their eye!" I shouted behind me. I headed into the big house via the back door and stepped quietly to not alert anyone of my present.Mr. D would probably smite me if you found me stealing his snacks.I turned down a hallway to my left and started towards the whole closet nearest the infirmary. As I passed the living room, I heard Chiron's voice come from it.

"I have our best fighter, Percy, watching him."

What? I stopped walking and pressed myself against the wall.

"We don't know what he is capable of. This calls for more than just watching." This was a male voice sounding deeply annoyed. "I have my two best agents on him and I believe he is too close."

"Are you suggesting-?" Chiron came again.

"I am." the man cut in. "I'm going to have my agents bring him in."

There was a sigh, the Chiron spoke. "Are you sure this is necessary?"

"After what happened last time. Absolutely. My job is to protect the world, and the world cannot handle another war with the gods.Not now."

"I don't want Percy to be a part of this if it gets messy," Chiron interjected and I remembered how much I loved him. "You can send your agents to capture Mr. Stark and message me if things go wrong, but I only want to bring in Percy if it's absolutely necessary."

"So be it.I will send in my agents tonight."

There's a small gasp from beside me, and I whirled in shock to see Peter standing a couple feet away from me. He wore an expression of horror on his face.

"Why are you here?" I hissed quietly at Peter.

"I had to ask you a question, I mean, can I always see Camp Half blood? Sorry, I should have waited. I can go." Peter stammered, looking like a deer in the headlights.

"Farewell, my friend." Chiron's voice came from the room, and a goodbye from the other man followed it.

"No time," I told Peter, grabbing his arm.We ran to a closet a couple feet down the hallway and I yanked open,very grateful that the Hephestas children were so diligent about oiling the hinges.I shoved Peter inside before squeezing in with him and shutting the door. Peter's elbows stabbed uncomfortably into my side. As I moved to a more comfortable position, a chip bag crumpled.Guess I found the Snack closet.I shifted again so the back of my head was no longer in Peter's face.Peter grabbed onto my arm to stop me from moving, and a second later I could hear footsteps approaching. I froze, barely breathing as I tried to squint through the cracks in the closet door.

An intimidating black man in a long black coat strode purposely in front of the closet, he looked to be in his late 40s and over one eye he wore shiny black eye patch. Besides me, I could feel Peter stiffen and I sympathize with him. The man looked like he could kill somebody with a glare.We waited in tense silence till the man's footsteps could no longer be heard.Finally, I opened up the closet door, and Peter and I stepped out.

"I gotta go." Peter said abruptly and started towards the door.

"Wait," I said, stopping him. "What did you want to ask me?"

Peter stopped walking, but he gave a desperate glance at the door.

"Can I come back here?I mean will I be stopped by the mist thing?"

"No," I replied, trying to keep my answer short for Peter' sake. "Technically, any non-monster can walk into camp.Once a mortal walked all the way into camp for directions. But to answer your question, you will now be able to see through the mist surrounding camp and elsewhere."

Peter gave me a nod and a short thanks before practically sprinting out the door.I exited the big house and decided to take a walk around camp, but I couldn't get the conversation I heard out of my head. Was Tony really in danger? It sounded like he was going to be captured tonight, or worse, and Chiron and the mysterious man had made it sound like he hadn't done anything yet.

I was well aware that I had barely investigated him, but he didn't seem like a super villain or like he was going to hurt people at all. Under all his bravado and arrogance Tony Stark cared about people and would sacrifice himself to save others.

I thought back on a conversation I had a long time ago, then sighed. I grabbed my phone and pulled up a text chain long forgotten

Percy

Hey, Arrogant Guy