9

There's a new sheriff in town, apparently," the raven comments dryly.

The eclectic group awaits your decision. They all watch you with varying degrees of interest and anticipation.

"Alright," you begin, "I'd like to speak with the..."

The tall, 7-feet figure with tattoos, piercings, and horns rising from his head stands up, nodding politely. "That would be me," he rumbles in a deep voice. "Do join me upstairs," you say, and the two of you head to your room for the conversation.

Your room feels even smaller with Hastur's towering presence. His imposing frame seems to command respect, the intricate piercings decorating his body shimmer faintly in the dim light.

"My name is Hastur," he says calmly, breaking the silence. His voice is deep, resonating, but there's a certain calmness to it.

You gesture to a chair opposite yours, and with surprising grace for someone of his stature, Hastur settles into it. The heavy wooden frame creaks slightly under his weight.

"Try not to break anything," the raven interjects with a smirk, fluttering to a perch on your table.

You give the raven a side glance, then focus back on Hastur. "Thanks for the input," you comment drily, addressing the bird.

You take a moment to appreciate the stark contrast between you two: where you're still adjusting to this strange new world, he seems entirely at ease, even in such an unfamiliar setting.

The silence that follows isn't uncomfortable, but it's thick with anticipation, waiting for the first question to break it.

This realm, the in-between, intrigues me. It's a crossroads for many beings, and while my past roles were... intense, I seek something steadier now, allowing for more... personal time." He glances away briefly, hinting at something unsaid. The raven interjects, "He wants a 9 to 5. Can you imagine?"

Hastur smiles faintly, "A fresh start, indeed. That's a hopeful way to view it." The raven muses, "A reset button for the ageless, huh?"

Hastur smirks slightly, "Ah, the physical realm, it's been quite some time since I've had to consider such things. My form is just what it is - but it has been quite useful for dealing with problems head on."

The raven quips, "He definitely looks like a multi-dimensional gym rat."

Hastur nods appreciatively, "Discipline is a commendable trait. It shapes character and prepares one for the unforeseen."