10

The raven flutters closer, fixing you with a keen gaze. "Mr. Ankylophono, you've gotten a taste of what our old-timer here is like... It's decision time! Just remember, he's the only candidate we've got on our roster. If you decide to pass on him, the responsibility of his role will fall squarely on your shoulders

The raven caws excitedly, "Fantastic choice! He might be older than the hills, but he knows his stuff." Hastur nods, "I appreciate your trust. I won't let you down."

You go down the stairs, back to the main venue.

"Alright, next I'd like to interview for the position of the.."

The elderly lady with striking diamond eyes slowly rises from her seat, her gaze fixed on you. "I believe you are referring to me," she says in a wise, raspy voice. "Let's talk upstairs," you suggest, leading the way.

The room is dim, the light from a solitary candle casting wavering shadows on the walls. The old woman hobbles in, each step a testament to her age. As she takes a seat, you can hear the soft groan of the chair, echoing her own labored breaths. Her eyes still gleaming even in the soft light.

"I am Yaga," she starts, her voice a raspy whisper that feels as ancient as the winds. "Once, I looked after the fortunes of a whole village. Now, I manage numbers and foresee financial shifts."

She glares at you, a challenging look. "Well? Don't just sit there. If you've got questions, out with them! And don't dawdle, my joints aren't getting any younger."

The raven flies in from the shadows, settling on the backrest of Yaga's chair. "Wait! first, let's talk about the dead elephant in the room: what's with the eyes, lady?"

"A gift," she adds. "They function just like mortal eyes - but with them, I can see more: the past, the present, the future."

The raven quips, eyeing Yaga with a mix of respect and mischief, "Maybe she can foresee how long this interview will take."

She glares at the bird with a smirk, "Watch it, feathered pest, or I'll forecast your immediate future. It's looking very... featherless."